Nice try

By forgottenbday - 11/07/2012 05:09 - United States - Canoga Park

Today, my boyfriend treated me to a surprise romantic dinner, got me a huge balloon bouquet, a dozen roses, and a beautiful card for my birthday. Too bad it's his ex's birthday and not mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 610
You deserved it 2 762

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Shut up and enjoy it. Next week, tell him about his error and you'll get double dinners, double flowers, etc. this year. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

:( It was a simple slip of the mind. At least he still did something really nice and sweet for you! :)

Comments

jaredofmo 22

I suck at remembering birthdays in my family, so I can see his confusion. (To the curious: I have six siblings, my parents, a niece, and two of my siblings are married and we count their spouses, too.)

ArielTheMermaid 17

I would remember all their birthdays. In my 8th grade class, I knew all 42 birthdays, and the 5 junior high teachers. (small school). I don't see how people can forget birthdays

I have 9 siblings, 7 aunts/uncles, 3 nieces/nephews, 3 in-laws, and a ton of cousins. It gets confusing, to say the least.

happy unbirthday. though i voted 'your life sucks', i'd have to say its undeniably a sweet thing he intended to do to you. yes and only for you! ;-)

abebay 6

Shoot I wouldn't care what day he did all that. I would simply have told him my birthday is (insert bday here) and i wouldn't mind doing something similar to this again. :)

I'm sure his ex won't mind getting flowers on your birthday. It's never enough

I doubt he was thinking about his ex when planning this, the important thing is that he did it for you, it may have been the wrong date but enjoy it. Hopefully next time around it'll be on your actual birthday.

yanksby7 6

That doesn't change the fact that he wanted to make you, his current girl, feel special on what he thought was your birthday. Mistakes happen...it's the thought that counts

Be happy that he at least made an effort, although he mixed the dates. It would have been way worse if it actually were your birthday and he had forgotten completly.

Tell him your actual birthday tomorrow and you'll get even more flowers and what not :)