Nice try…

By Anonymous - 18/02/2015 18:06 - United Kingdom - Norwich

Today, I tried to blackmail my douchebag boss for a raise, since I had ample proof that he's screwing a co-worker. Turns out he and his wife are in an open relationship, and HR doesn't give a damn about office romances. Now I have to quit or deal with the most hostile work environment ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 474
You deserved it 64 356

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're stupid enough to try and blackmail your boss for more money? You definitely deserve it.

Read the word "blackmail", instant YDI.

Comments

ndnpride88 25

You definitely deserve it. Earn your damn raise by hard work and prove you deserve it.

You're dumb for trying to do it that and not looking for any incriminating evidence

#37 read the FML again. OP had evidence, the problem was that OP'S boss and wife have an OPEN relationship, which means what the boss did technically wasn't cheating.

How do you wake up one day and think "today I'm gonna blackmail my boss, and if that doesn't work, I'm gonna go like a crybaby to HR" yeah, sounds like a flawless plan. YDI dude.

Quite frankly, it's none of HR's damn business who's screwing who.

Actually it is if in the contract it says anything against inter office relationships or a morality clause.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Jesus OP, really? As soon as I saw the word blackmail, you absolutely deserved it. Even if your boss was legitimately cheating on his wife and HR had a thing about office relationships and he would have been neck-deep in shit if he got found out, IN WHAT WORLD is it EVER okay to ******* blackmail someone (never mind the fact that he's your boss, you don't do this to anyone ever!) into giving you more money?! You got what was coming to you, ******* idiot.

Sounds to me like you're the douchebag.. And you got exactly what you deserve. Karma is a bitch.

Classic mistake op. Learn from your **** ups, and get good dirt on them at your next job. That extra money should be well worth the sleaze factor involved.

Yeah, you definitely deserved that. No sympathy for you, OP