Nice try, loverboy

By Anonymous - 06/04/2009 05:07 - United States

Today, I had a really cute waitress at lunch. I decided to leave my number and a $50 bill for a $15 check. When I left the restaurant I realized I still had the $50 but a $1 bill was missing from my wallet. I've been getting threatening text messages all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 625
You deserved it 64 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You tried to get to her heart through MONEY? What do you think she is, a prostitute?

Oh because nothing says "Give me a call :D" like $35. Failfailfail

Comments

anon12_fml 0

#19- he didn't write on the actual dollar bill...

CeeCee_fml 16

HELLO it isn't rocket science! In an (Epic Fail) attempt to impress the waitress, he left $50 for a $15 meal. This way, the waitress gets a $35 tip. But instead of leaving $50 he left $1. He paid $1 for the whole meal. Even better, he left his number as well. This is a FML because instead of impressing the girl he did the complete opposite and then some. But I guess it is more of a FML for the restaurant and waitress because they got cheated and apparently he won't go and pay them back.

missymay993 11

No, the bill was $15, he payed that, but he meant to leave $50 on the table for a tip. You don't leave money on the table to pay for the meal. So following this logic, he tipped her $1 instead of $50. There's no $35 amount involved.

One more reason I like it up here in Canada. We don't have $1 bills, but even our lowest bill (a $5) is obviously different from a $50. One is blue and the other is red. :3 Having all your money the same color is boring!

athena3100 9

i want different colored money!!!! god i love canadians!!!!!

King_of_Kings 3

it's nice that you wanted to tip well, but leaving your number along with it makes it look like you're buying her off. and that sir is a YDI.

i think he didn't even pay for the meal, he was going to pay for it using the 50 bucks... wow what a fail. dont talk to her. and don't go to that resaurant. idiot...

See this is where you get to come off smooth. What you do is go up there, apologize to the manager/owner, and pay the bill in full. Try to do it when she's around, and explain what you were trying to do but she was so cute you were flustered. If you do it right, in a non-creepy way, she'll be totally flattered. Also, impressed that you came back and settled things. It's your best chance at this point.

i did this once with a waiter. i left him a good tip, but he was also talking to me the whole time. instead of leaving my number, i left my dorm room, since we both go to the same college. we now go out to eat every week, and are some what dating. so its a FML bc you fukced that up. text her, or go back, and explain, and pay for the meal.

When you noticed this why didn't you go back to the restaurant and fix it right then? And why wouldn't you wait until you got change? Were you going to tip her $35? I call BS.

Why is it a FML? Text her back (since you now have her cell #) and rectify the situation dumbass. Text her saying "I meant to leave you a lot more. I'll be in tomorrow to pay my bill and give you the tip I was trying to leave you." Or, you can say "I'll pay my bill and I'd like to take you out to coffee." Either way it may be too late for you know since you decided to be the internet idiot and bitch her versus dealing with the waitress texting you. A little misunderstanding isn't a FML, geez.

If you got out of the store and realized you'd put the wrong bill down, why didn't you go and correct your rmistake?