Never disrespect the cat

By Rafiki - 22/02/2010 03:14 - United States

Today, while I was at my girlfriend's house, I picked up her cat and held him like he was baby Simba. Apparently he didn't enjoy that, because he managed to somehow leap out of my hands and attach himself to my chest, claws extended. I now have four one-inch-long gashes on my chest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 278
You deserved it 31 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

coolster56 0

that's sorta cute next time don't lift cats

Comments

You really should have known better. I can do this with my cat, but that's only because she trusts me completely and totally. You have to know the cat and know what it will do before you try stupid things like that. If anyone besides me and one other person tried this with my cat, she would claw their face off in a second. Animals know what they like and aren't shy about telling you, so learn to be more careful around them especially if they aren't yours.

This ^^^. Cats have different personalities, and some will put up with nearly anything, but that is not the way to pick up a strange cat.

MrsUchiha 0
zwilli3 0

That's why you get dogs instead (:

At least there was no ceiling fan rotating :P

I must hear about this one. Please do tell

haha it's another fml involving a puppy (I think) and a ceiling fan. Pity some dumb schmuck copied the idea behind this and cut in front by replying to the first post. Sigh.

most cats don't like to be picked up let alone cuddled specially if you aren't someone they trust with that. it freaks them out even dogs don't like being picked up like simba cuz they don't know WTF is going on. lesson learned.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

if you know how to pick them up, they don't mind (if they don't like it, they just jump down again, but they don't claw) But if you pick them up like simba, or pick them up in a way that they are on their back, they will probably attack you if they don't trust you.

bfffness 0