Monthiversary?

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Lewisville

Today, my boyfriend got pissed off and is now sulking, all because I didn't make a huge deal out of our one-month "anniversary". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 571
You deserved it 3 795

Top comments

What's his definition of a "huge deal"? I think going to the movies or something is perfectly reasonable for 1 month.

I wonder what he's expecting when you hit one year...

Comments

Then you better buy him a ship for your first anniversary!

Buy his pansy ass two green tennis balls with a card that says Happy 1 Month Anniversary, now you don't have to worry about growing a pair.

Does he mean 'mensiversary?' Because 'anniversary' by definition would only count years. What a silly thing to be upset over.

Sathane 21

"Anniversary" is celebrated on the year. The beginning of the word comes from the word "Annos" which sounds a lot like anus - so that means your boyfriend is a whiney asshole.

It shouldn't be a big deal. Why not TALK with him about what days he considers important and mark them in your calendar? Set aside a day in the week of your monthly anniversary to go to a restaurant, and celebrate it that way. You go out once a month at least anyway. Some people like to celebrate little milestones.

I agree, but the problem is he's made it a big deal. He sounds like one of those immature guys that gets all sulky and ruins the rest of the night (or few nights depending how far he takes it), instead of talking about why it was important to him and how he'd like to start celebrating some of the small milestones and having a mature conversation about it. People in mature relationships can talk about why things are important to them and how they'd like to deal with certain situations (like anniversaries or celebrations) and move forward with the night instead of just getting upset and pouting about it while ruining both their nights.

My boyfriend and I recognize our "anniversary" every month, we normally just spend the evening together and that's it. I think it's nice to have a day every month that you know is another month in the relationship.

My husband and I did the same the first year we were dating. The 23rd is our special day. We got engaged on the 23rd and got married on our 6th anniversary. I think it's cute when I hear about couples that do something similar. But being pissy about your gf "forgetting" your one month anniversary is not cute.

countryb_cth 38

My boyfriend and I did something similar too. We celebrated 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and then one year. (A friend of mine did the same thing with her boyfriend as well.) All we did was go out, nothing big or fancy. It was nice to celebrate the small milestones together. Going on 3 years together now.

My bf and I do this too (well kinda. we're long distance so it's normally cute texts, a present, skype call, something like that). He's the only person I've been with who celebrates them though. I find it really cute. ^_^

My boyfriend and I celebrated 1 month, then 6 months, then 1 year, now we just celebrate every year after, we'll be at 3 years next month on the 19th.

Go buy him a box of tampons and tell him happy anniversary.