Milkmaid

By Heifer - 16/05/2009 21:41 - United States

Today, when done feeding my newborn, I stated to my husband that I'm a cow. He said, in a sincere tone, "Oh, baby, you'll lose the weight soon." I meant cow because I'm producing so much milk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 936
You deserved it 21 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, I could understand his mistake, double meaning! You said it!!!

I don't see how this is an FML. You have baby weight. Your husband isn't making a huge deal of it. BTW, "cow" is usually synonymous with being overweight. All mammals breastfeed.

Comments

you deserved it for being stupid. everybody knows "i feel like a cow" "im a cow" etc. means ur fat.

I don't think he intended to hurt you. He's trying to help, and be supportive. Men are just men.

blahdeda 0

I mean you did just have a baby, it's not a big deal. But on another note, love the username hahaha

He was trying to be nice - he wasn't insulting you. He just misunderstood.

Makaylaaa 0

Who would call themselves a cow and NOT be talking about their weight?

dancing_bear 0

Of course he assumed that's what you meant if you didn't specify. It's not like he walked up to you and called you a cow when you'd been dieting or something. You said it; he thought you were calling yourself fat and he was trying to be supportive. Also, you've just had a baby. Of course you've put on weight. You're supposed to put on weight. Honestly.

If he walked up to you after you breastfed your child and said, "hey, you're a cow," wouldn't your first reaction be offense at his calling you fat?