Management

By Anonymous - 14/11/2020 02:02

Today, I was fired because I spoke up about a supervisor mistreating me. The assistant VP spent the meeting demeaning me to “teach me a lesson” and then said she was firing me because I “stirred the pot." Man, I really loved that job but I won’t miss the toxic work culture. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 405
You deserved it 79

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That’s not right. I don’t know where you’re living but if possible you should file a lawsuit against that company for wrongful termination. Gather as much proof as you can to support the fact that your supervisor was mistreating you.

You really might love the results of the "wrongful dismissal lawsuit" though.

Comments

That’s not right. I don’t know where you’re living but if possible you should file a lawsuit against that company for wrongful termination. Gather as much proof as you can to support the fact that your supervisor was mistreating you.

You really might love the results of the "wrongful dismissal lawsuit" though.

I live in a "Right to work" state and you can be fired at anytime with or without a reason. So all of this sounds pretty normal.

even in a right-to-work state, you can at least spread the word about the toxic culture.

But even in right to work states, if they do give you a reason that’s illegal or you can prove that it was discrimination or for whistleblowing (as is the case here), you can sue.

coius 23

Whistleblowers aren’t as protected as one might think. Hell, workman’s comp lawsuits aren’t even easy to fight if you have all the evidence in the world. The problem is, in a right to work state (like Nebraska where I am) most of the laws were drafted (or amended) by lobbying by companies that pull this crap. Workers may be told they have rights, but the limit is to where a company will sponsor an amendment that is cheaper than fighting your lawsuit, so by the time you get to court (usually years later) the illegal basis you were fired on is no longer illegal and the prosecution fails in court. Thus screwing everyone. I’ve experienced this personally. And I was terminated for getting hurt by my employer’s malicious negligence. I got a big fat $0 after my former employer had laws amended that made what they did legal, leaving the blame on me (a heavy load someone piled up injured me, and the amended made it my fault if it injured me rather than the unsafe osha configuration they set up). Sadly this happens everywhere. Right to work means you have the right to work somewhere else, you’re fired!

Shit deal but trust me. You're better off this way. Ppl like that will ruin your life if you follow them. Also they sound crooked AF

The job may have been great, but be grateful that you are out of there