LOL

By iPhonekid - 27/05/2012 07:19 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I texted my friend and asked her what her sad status on Facebook was about. She texted me back, saying her step-mother had passed away. I tried to reply with "awwh" but my phone autocorrected it to "ahaha." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Autocorrect at its worst. Explain yourself quickly before you're the biggest jerk ever!

To be honest if you were a good friend (close enough to ask her what was wrong), you probably should've called her. Or at least text back something a little more sympathetic rather than just 'awwh'.

Comments

Even 'awwh' sounds a little insincere...

OP could've said "oh that sucks" instead.. "awwwh" is sounding pretty good compared to that

97- she also could've said "congrats!" which would have been worse. Your logic is lacking.

petloverlcd 7

She could have also said something like, "I feel so bad for you. Your family will be in my prayers and I hope you feel better soon." which would have been much better. Your logic is lacking.

I used to think people were stupid for not seeing autocorrect fails but now I've owned an apple device I feel your pain OP, but perhaps not as drastically.

No shit Sherlock. But typing on a smart phone without it can be difficult as well, which is why a lot of people don't turn it off, since it's more helpful than it is annoying.

Made so many dumb autocorrects mistakes I just turned it off :/

ant1ion 12

He decided to spend his time fixing it, to post it on fml

tony1891 22

..and you really thought "awwh" would be an appropriate reply to someone's passing?

Well maybe she was planning on saying all the regular "I'm so sorry" stuff after that.

I hope people realize that "awwh" could have been included

... in a longer text. Op never said that that's all they had text. Which would be a greater reason as to why the autocorrect was missed. Now please, excuse my idiocy of finishing my comment this way, it was a pure mistake.