LOL

By iPhonekid - 27/05/2012 07:19 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I texted my friend and asked her what her sad status on Facebook was about. She texted me back, saying her step-mother had passed away. I tried to reply with "awwh" but my phone autocorrected it to "ahaha." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Autocorrect at its worst. Explain yourself quickly before you're the biggest jerk ever!

To be honest if you were a good friend (close enough to ask her what was wrong), you probably should've called her. Or at least text back something a little more sympathetic rather than just 'awwh'.

Comments

My auto correct turns awwww into asses.

perdix 29

Hey, maybe when someone gives you such bad news, you should quit relying on goddam, sterile texting and actually make a phone call to express your sympathy. Here's a thought: Why don't you get your couch-shaped ass off your couch and go see your friend and comfort them in person? Even a perfectly spelled text interjection with the crying emoticon ;( cannot replace being there.

mhopper 13

I agree with seeing the friend in person. A phone call would be awkward though, especially if he/she is hysterically crying. Texting does not suffice in this instance.

Rocky007 15

Proofread, proofread, poofread.

perdix 29

Two out of three ain't bad ;)

I still don't get why your average aurocorrect complaining iPhone user can't just, I dunno, turn the feature off in the first place. "A good artist never blames his tools..."

AliceLockehart 18

GAH. There was more to that comment. I wasn't calling you a tool. XD

AliceLockehart 18

Totally unrelated I know but I'm listening to them right now :3. Awesome band.

Has no one learnt to proof read when using autocorrect yet?

YDI for adding an unnecessary 'h' at the end of 'aww'.

I'm so glad to see I wasn't the only one who got bothered by that "h"

Omg that's gotta be the worst auto correct story I've seen. Super bad luck!

the_enigma1019 1

I really hate auto correlation. DAMNIT!

bitter3ulogy 0

Turn off your autocorrect so that next time things like this do not happen