LOL

By iPhonekid - 27/05/2012 07:19 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I texted my friend and asked her what her sad status on Facebook was about. She texted me back, saying her step-mother had passed away. I tried to reply with "awwh" but my phone autocorrected it to "ahaha." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Autocorrect at its worst. Explain yourself quickly before you're the biggest jerk ever!

To be honest if you were a good friend (close enough to ask her what was wrong), you probably should've called her. Or at least text back something a little more sympathetic rather than just 'awwh'.

Comments

Never trust autocorrect. Always read over what you "said" before pressing send. Two seconds of reading could save a heck of a lot of embarrassment, awkwardness and anger.

Today, my step mother died, all my friend did was laugh, FML

That's the way...AHAHA...I like it..AHAHA...

This is ridiculous. A friend tells you a parent died and you 'awwh', via a text message? How about picking up a damn phone and expressing some sympathy with some English words.

geerod22 5

I do believe you have to pick up a damn phone to text, great idea, terrible execution.

perdix 29

I love auto-correct! On my iPhone, I can hardly ever hit the exact right tiny keys, so auto-correct magically figures out the word I mean and adds it. For me, it corrects the wrong word about 90% of the time and ***** up a correct word about 10% of the time, so overall, it's a real help for me. Since I'm one of those OCD nutjobs who actually reads his messages before hitting send, I rarely get burned by the bad auto-corrects.

That's what folks don't realize: autocorrect is as much of a Godsend as it is a curse. It's used to make our lives only a little easier, but NOTHING will fully replace actually proofreading your shit.

flashback.miss 28

Easy error to make and explain. I'm sure she kows you well enough to kow you wouldn't react so cruelly to go ahaha. My condonlences for her loss, though. But, go comfort her in person rather than a text.

My autocorrection turns "awwh" into "seen" Text her back quickly, and explain.

crazy4uboi 6

Yeah It's weird, some of the suggestions it comes up with are really irrelevant.

Mine corrected it into "argh", it's different for everyone depending on what words you use more.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

For some reason my phone didn't autocorrect awwh into anything. Just that damn little red line under it.

Just 'ahhw' is of course a pretty stupid response in itself

hockeyoceancity 13

Espically since OP didn't say ahhw.

AliceLockehart 18

Espically? *Especially. Thumb me down of you want.

KiddNYC1O 20

Ahaha. No, but seriously. You could have said something lengthier. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I doubt autocorrect would **** you there.

autocorrect is an evil bastard once I text my girl "I'm home" but autocorrect made it "I'm homophobic" she almost broke up with me because I just meet her dad who "changed teams" a few year before

KiddNYC1O 20

Should've wrote an FML about this.

..."Awwh"? Really? Good god I think I'd rather have "ahahah" to be honest. Or nothing at all. "Awwh"? That's what you say when a kid falls over and bangs his knee a bit, or when someone loses a quid on the floor. Not when someone has died.

how would you like it if i replied awhh if your stepmother passed away? its a pretty stupid response to be honest