Living in a romcom

By Anonymous - 18/06/2022 06:00

Today, my assistant booked me an important meeting tomorrow, which is also our anniversary. My boss says I can’t miss the meeting or I’ll be sacked, and since I forgot our anniversary last year, my wife swears she’ll divorce me if I miss this year. I have no good options here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 738
You deserved it 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wrenavery90 12

So I can't imagine the meeting is going to last 24 hours. Celebrate with your wife after the meeting.

So what’s stopping you from ordering flowers to be delivered and/or making dinner reservations for in the evening?

Comments

wrenavery90 12

So I can't imagine the meeting is going to last 24 hours. Celebrate with your wife after the meeting.

Something tells me the assistant has another agenda in mind. Either be with me at this forced meeting or you’ll be fired. Don’t tell me the assistant didn’t know it was the OP’s anniversary. As a former assistant I know the drill. Make sure the boss’s wife or husband always had a huge anniversary gift or there is h311 to pay the next day. I’ve known petty ones where they thought there was more there romantically than there really was and it was a if I can’t have him no one can. One went as far as showing up in her birthday suit at the boss’s home, which brought on a quick divorce and the other just wanted to see the boss suffer because he got her pregnant, then denied it even when the test said 98% correct.

kitten79TX 5

In your scenario the boss deserved it!

So what’s stopping you from ordering flowers to be delivered and/or making dinner reservations for in the evening?

Hey, you didn't forget your anniversary -- a 100% improvement from last year. Tell her you'll celebrate on the weekend nearest to the actual day.

If your wife is petty enough to threaten divorce you after forgetting one anniversary and possibly missing a second, you're better off without her. Yes it's an important day but life goes on, and if you have to work that day then so be it.

Or maybe this is the tip of the forgotten iceberg. Tell your wife "Happy anniversary" when you wake up so she knows you didn't forget. Then, tell her you're sorry about the meeting, and that you will see her after the meeting. Then, have flowers delivered ASAP to her, with a note that says "Happy anniversary to my beautiful wife" or something. Then, reserve a table at her favorite restaurant. You may now go to your meeting, knowing that you did everything you could to prove your wife that a) you remembered and b) you care.

show her written proof that your boss threatened to fire you

kitten79TX 5

Tell your wife the meeting is mandatory, and make plans to do something after. Is this meeting scheduled for your normal off hours? If not, there's no problem. If it is, just explain it to her and make plans around it.

Meeting during the day, order flowers and edible arrangement delivery meanwhile, dinner and lovey time that night...come on be creative dude.