Let it out

By MrTandy - 16/09/2011 02:38 - United States

Today, I was working when I delivered the standard "Hello, how are you?" to a customer. He took the opportunity to tell me about his deceased wife, his estranged children, and his anal tearing. After a while, I tried to help someone else, and he complained to my manager. I was written up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 648
You deserved it 3 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

*sob* and my poor wife *sob* *sob* and my children are gone and... NEXT PLEASE!

Comments

I've been told in my psychology class never to ask " how are you" to a customer. This must be why.

linnie_wesker 20

FYL for having to deal with that AND for having an asshole manager. I'm a hostess and I hate when I ask people how they're doing and they start telling me their life story, it's so awkward! You just have to learn how to politely cut them off and either walk away or start helping someone else.

Demonyx 6

Well that is a risky greeting if someone actually answers like that and you ignore them it Is rude but you could say that his discussing his anus with you constitutes sexual harrassment

laughinmyfaceoff 3

aww sounds like the poor guy was at the end of his rope and didnt have anyone else to talk to, as you know life can suck, or you wouldnt be on here, maybe you should bear in mind that you should be more compassionate to people, i mean, get paid to hear some guys life story, awesome! where else did you have to be. :)

random_bit3 2

He must of been an immigrant or a foreigner! My husband used to tell me, when he was in Russia, he would be just polite and say "Hi, how are you" and the people seem to take it as a question not as a greeting.

silver_85 0

I may know this guy! I know a guy who comes into my store saying almost the same thing!