Let down

By heartbreakkid21 - 14/05/2009 15:22 - United States

Today, I was on a date with this girl I actually like. The date was going really well and it seemed like it would be a good night. While in the movie theater, I went to hold her hand and instead she gave me a hand shake and said, "You're so funny, I'm so glad we're friends". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 181
You deserved it 5 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol, owned at least she was nice and took it in stride it could have been worse. She could have jumped back disgusted and screamed "WHAT THE HELL!? WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME!?! RAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEE!!!"

Sucks. Sounds like both of you had a different idea of what was going on...

Comments

that sucks man.. i hate teases, not that there is any evidence in your post that she is, but girls that act in to you then play the "just friends" card need to be punched. at least this was just hanging out at the movies, i was dancing with a girl i liked at a party last week and she put my hand in her pants and kissed me, the next day when i asked her to hang out she says "it'd be just as friends, right?" haven't talked to the bitch since.

What's with all these blokes that keep saying 'try harder, maybe she'll change her mind'? You clearly know sod-all about women. If she rejects you, man the **** up and take it. She does not want you to keep pestering her. Keep trying after you've been rejected and you'll have no one but yourself to blame when you end up on 'Why Women Hate Men'...

mixedcalibaby 0

#42 there's no need to be a bitch when you reject a guy, have some class and manners, jeeze.

Meh. It sucks, but at least you know where you stand. If you're fine with just being friends, be friends. If you don't want to be just friends, then don't waste your time (or hers).

Do the yawn and stretch arm over the shoulder move! Then she'll know you mean business. ... ;D

so_me_fml 0

Ok so wow #9. I thought I was the only one! It would make me SO happy if guys would just say, "will you go on a date with me?" I mean, it might not be easy, but sometimes you just gotta man up! It saves a great deal of ensuing awkwardness!

BAHAHAHAHA she probably didn't wanted to hold your hand, at least she handled it well, she could've been a bitch.

hahaha..and now your stuck on the friends ladder FOR GOOD! YDI

123_asdfghjkl 0

Why would she even think that's supposed to be a joke or something in the first place?