Let down

By heartbreakkid21 - 14/05/2009 15:22 - United States

Today, I was on a date with this girl I actually like. The date was going really well and it seemed like it would be a good night. While in the movie theater, I went to hold her hand and instead she gave me a hand shake and said, "You're so funny, I'm so glad we're friends". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 181
You deserved it 5 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol, owned at least she was nice and took it in stride it could have been worse. She could have jumped back disgusted and screamed "WHAT THE HELL!? WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME!?! RAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEE!!!"

Sucks. Sounds like both of you had a different idea of what was going on...

Comments

#27/davidtheday, I was thinking the same thing. But yeah, I agree with some of the comments here that sometimes we girls don't know we're on a "date" because the guy never specified that it was one. We don't find out until during the date or slightly after (restrospectively) that it was, and we're caught in an awkward situation. However, I think the first red flag that it's a date is when the guy pays for both tickets. So... hm.

Number 7, don't tell him that - just because a girl likes you as a friend doesn't mean at some stage she'll like you as more. I know what you mean, but 3 in 4 cases that's not true.

caramelbear 0

to elaborate on #62, she was probably asked out in a subtle, cop-out type way, didn't realize it was a date, then she DID, freaked out, and tried to think of a way to let him know she wasn't interested. then the opportunity presented itself. it's happened to me.

Goldfinch86 0

I think some guys assume we know it's a date or think it's okay not to call it a "date" because then they can be given the "I like you as a friend" lecture. Poor guy, maybe next time make sure she knows and is a willing participant in a date not a friend on a night out.

Rawrrr14 0

Rejection. Well, at least you have her as a friend???

moleSG 6

Unlucky man. You're probably going to be stuck there now - but enjoy that, at least. FYL. However, had you perhaps made your intentions clearer earlier, things might have gone better. Anyway, good luck for the future.

ouch, the old "glad we're friends" line... that one always hurts, but who knows, maybe she'll see that you're interested in things being more than just friends... hope it works out for ya! and LOL at #10, that could've TOTALLY happened too...

FBIWarning 0