Let down

By heartbreakkid21 - 14/05/2009 15:22 - United States

Today, I was on a date with this girl I actually like. The date was going really well and it seemed like it would be a good night. While in the movie theater, I went to hold her hand and instead she gave me a hand shake and said, "You're so funny, I'm so glad we're friends". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 181
You deserved it 5 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol, owned at least she was nice and took it in stride it could have been worse. She could have jumped back disgusted and screamed "WHAT THE HELL!? WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME!?! RAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEE!!!"

Sucks. Sounds like both of you had a different idea of what was going on...

Comments

I agree with #10. She obviously likes you, even if it's just as a friend right now, so all you have to do is keep trying.

That sucks man. Girls are retarded. I know a bunch of them who complain that they can't get a man, but half the time they get hit on, or asked out, and they don't even know what's going on. Just hold out for a more mature girl.

#7 and #15 -- no Let her know up front. She's not going to become friends with you and then magically fall in love. That rarely happens and is not worth the pain you'll cause yourself. It's also not very respectful to her if you become friends with her but have other things in mind.

Cheatx 0

Sorry, I was trying to edit my post and say that maybe you should tell her its a date... it clarifys a lot of things...

yeah I've been there.. just dont waste like 500 bucks on her before she tells you that..

"Today, I was on a date with this girl I actually like." Do you go on dates with lots of girls you don't actually like?

Dude that really sucks! I know how that might feel.. Anyway you should have tried to sense the body language and kind of expected/anticipated the reaction before trying.. maybe this will help http://linkbee.com/OMV1 it's quite a guide so best of luck next time You can still get her I guess.. just be wise in your next moves..

She was trying to let you down without hurting your feelings, just like #9 said. Oh well, you can just remain friends with her (and maybe things will pick up from there). Or, you can be a dick and ignore her from now on because you don't want friends you can't ****.

I feel for ya man, but when you think about it, she took it really well. I mean, that's the NICEST possible way anyone could ever reject you.