By Anonymous - 21/08/2012 16:45 - United States - Lititz

Today, after months of job searching, I finally got a call about one of my applications. I wasn't able to answer it, but he left a voicemail. I've listened to it over and over, and I can't understand the contact information. He called from a restricted number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 693
You deserved it 1 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Bummer for the OP. I just today got rejected for a job I was perfectly qualified for, so I'm feeling extra commiserative.

Aug1508 9

Or maybe he could try to guess the phone number by using the elimination process.

007type 26

43- And spend rest of life trying to figure out the possible number?

saransh 3

I think most calls regarding employment opportunities begins like... Hi this is XYZ from ABC company, we want to schedule....... so just trace in your mails whom did u contact at that company. Send them a mail and get it sorted asap. Good luck OP.

is it only where i live that you can dial *69 & it tells you who your last call was?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Restricted. Number. This getting through to you?

Inheritance 10

Don't forget the 'not able to understand the contact information' that's pretty important.

007type 26

Thats why I believe Owls are the best way to communicate. Harry Potter FTW.

Inheritance 10

Where's Hedwig when you need him..

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I thought Hedwig was female???

Inheritance 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
elletex 8

Did you even read this FML before commenting? Because you missed the entire point of it.

laalaarfml 0

she didnt miss the point at all she could have looked online or something because how did she find that job and apply for it ^dumb assses .

Inheritance 10

Oh I see my mistake I accidentally said 'him' and not 'her' my apologies.

PhishloverA 14

Can't you read #2? OP was called by a restricted number

PhishloverA 14

You're the dumbass #90. #77 was talking to #2, not OP

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You don't have the slightest clue what bipolar is, do you?

3- you're an idiot. Bipolar Disorder can cause extreme highs and lows (mania and depression) but it's bigger than that. And you're just a dumbass.

3- Prepare yourself to get told by, The Master.

theslimshadylp 6

Being stupid isn't a crime, but it should be.

weeabaka 6

I'm confused as to what this comment has to do with the FML. Was this your personal reaction?

saransh 3

I don't know who you are. I don't know where you live. But I will find find you no matter what and I Swear to god I will sue you enough that you really wish you had bipolar.

spekledworf 18

He couldn't understand the contact information.

Restricted number. Let me break it down. Restricted. Number.

If you heard the company name in the message, it shouldn't be that hard to find a contact number. No need for the hostility.

60 - when op says "I can't understand the contact information" that probably means he couldn't hear the company name as well.

spekledworf 18

That doesn't mean he doesn't know which company called. If OP applied for the job I'm sure he can figure it out

88- he applied for many different jobs and he doesn't know which one called him.

Or read the whole fml so that you get to the part were it says the number was restricted

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot.... Nothing new here, keep moving on as usual.

It's good to see people with enough sense to admit they made a mistake. It makes my hope for humanity get a little stronger. Good job sir.

I copy Squeaky? No, no, I'm much more innocent than Squeaky, I assure you.

PhishloverA 14

You made a mistake #66, because she is not a sir

astralvagan 20

Restricted number!!!! I wish there was a new way to explain it to you without being a jackass..... *69 doesn't work on restricted numbers either...

#8 did enough explaining, but thanks anyways!

007type 26

Or CIA. Watchout, we have a secret serviceman here.

Yes or bruce Springsteen. Lots of famous mumblers we've got here.

MolesterStallone 13
With_Love929 3

A role in Stallone's new movie: Executive Face Punching

Aspen_Grace33 27

Wow that is tough. The only real way to find out would be to call every place you've applied and ask if they tried to contact you. Good luck! I know how hard it is to find a job these days, so I hope it works out for you!

lovepandorasaver 11

This actually happened to me before and I went through the same process. It cracked me up how poorly he left the voicemail and how well he actually spoke in person. Sorry OP hope you find out who it was.

So you don't know what company this guy works for either? Well, at least you won't have to be interviewed by an incomprehensible person.

You could always just go get the information in person

That would be a fantastic idea if OP knew who called

007type 26

Yeah, that makes sense. Now OP will have to knock doors of every place he applied.

Damn i know how that feels same thing happend to me. Good luck OP