Kinder stranger

By Me. - 11/04/2013 00:45 - United States - Ramona

Today, as I walked out of the local store, I noticed a young girl was sitting on the curb, crying. I nudged her with the Snickers bar I had bought earlier, thinking she needed it more than me. After looking at it, she yelled, "PEDOPHILE!", punched me in the balls, and then ran away screaming. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 454
You deserved it 12 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn. So much for being nice. Kids these days..

I don't know man. I'd be freaked out too if some random man (who I happened to be eye to dick level to) poked me with something hard...

Comments

Come on dude, you seriously think it was a good idea to just go up to a random kid and give them candy? you seriously deserved it

FML_14u2c 14

Snickers- Get some nuts! That's probably what she thought you were implying._.

perdix 29

You start off by poking a little girl with a long, stiff object? Why are you surprised that things went badly?

This isn't 1953, you can't be a nice person any more. Next time laugh and tell her to quit being a whine bag and go work on her problems (politically correct sympathy of 2013)

MzZombicidal 36

It disgusts me that this world has gone to such lows that a kind stranger can't be just that. They're either a "creep" or a "pedophile". It's exhausting. Good for you, OP. For being one of the few good people still around. Even if the outcome wasn't what one would expect. :P

The outcome was very expected, that's the point. Do you have children by the way? Because, as much as I would like mine to live in a wonderful Disney like reality where everything is sunshine and rainbows, they don't. They live in an sprawling urban jungle rife with Potential dangers. It would be irresponsible not to teach stranger danger to children these days as very horrible things do happen, very regularly. So go ahead, you can be disgusted with the state of things these days, I thinks you will find many in agreement with you, but similarly don't laud the guy that offered sweets to an unknown child. It's naive to pretend we live in a world where that gesture doesn't have potentially awful connotations. OP surely knew this, you and I know this. We can lament over the state of things another time, OP is still stupid for his actions.

Emily062611 6

68, I can see your point - there are dangers. However, parents can go about teaching their kids in a way to be less paranoid. Her reaction was pretty severe. Maybe start with "No thank you"? Then she can walk inside the store and wait there.

Unquestionably. The nut cracking little tike doesn't exactly sound sweetness and light either and I don't think that's an appropriate response to the situation she was in. Child vs adult though, arguably the kid may have known a better way to respond, unarguably the OP should have known better than to offer out sweeties. It's a tough one. As I said above,(#52) deserved for the approach of the child, undeserved to get nut shotted.

The_F3rris 11

"Dont take candy from strangers"

You just can't wait be a good person anymore

I would do the same because nowadays you don't know who you can trust because of all the weirdos out there.

I said "I agree, your life sucks." Even though in reality I probably would have done the same thing as the girl.. Society makes us feel like there's pedophiles everywhere and we all need to be overly cautious of getting raped. It's quite sad :/