Just No

By KelseNM - 05/07/2020 14:02

Today, my future sister-in-law, who hasn’t even been engaged a week, informed everyone that the wedding is on December 19th, which is the due date of my first child. My brother won’t change the date and is making my family choose between his wedding or being at the hospital with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 497
You deserved it 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DoctorPALO 14

Your due date is an estimate and may even change. They will make their choices regardless of your wishes. At least now you know what kind of person your brother is marrying and who is going to be wearing the pants in that relationship.

It is inconsiderate of your brother but odds of baby being born exactly on due date are only about 5 percent so unless the wedding is half around the world your family probably doesn't have to choose. Now if your husband would be going to the wedding instead of being with you, either at home or at hospital, that would be an actual FML.

Comments

No way that was an accident. I guess you could consult your doctor about inducing a week earlier or something? As long as it's safe, of course. Still, that is a crappy situation and you shouldn't have to endure it.

KelseNM 15

Hey All! Thanks for the support; it really warms my heart! I don’t necessarily have a problem with missing the wedding (I support my brother but she has always disliked me); my problem is that my brother is making my family choose between the two events.My parents don’t deserve to be put into that situation (they’ve already said they will be with me but I know it would crush them to miss the wedding). I’m aware that my child most likely won’t be born on the due date but I’m still shocked that my brother would take that chance! There is a good possibility I will have to have a c-section and I most definitely will not feel up to being at wedding post surgery. But.....I have planned my revenge!!!! The gorgeous venue that she “just had to have” also hosts baby showers. My baby shower will be before the wedding and I most definitely will be taking a million pics of everything during the shower and posting them on FB. I’m also going to send her an invitation; because that’s what a good SIL does, right?

sarahcroy20 12

People rarely give birth on their due date. I think its ridiculous that they should work around when you might or might not give birth.