Just No

By KelseNM - 05/07/2020 14:02

Today, my future sister-in-law, who hasn’t even been engaged a week, informed everyone that the wedding is on December 19th, which is the due date of my first child. My brother won’t change the date and is making my family choose between his wedding or being at the hospital with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 497
You deserved it 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DoctorPALO 14

Your due date is an estimate and may even change. They will make their choices regardless of your wishes. At least now you know what kind of person your brother is marrying and who is going to be wearing the pants in that relationship.

It is inconsiderate of your brother but odds of baby being born exactly on due date are only about 5 percent so unless the wedding is half around the world your family probably doesn't have to choose. Now if your husband would be going to the wedding instead of being with you, either at home or at hospital, that would be an actual FML.

Comments

Good luck OP. Tell them to go to the wedding. It would be nice if they where at the hospital, but honestly, they would just be sitting in a room doing nothing. You will have lots a times to be with then and your family.

no **** that. if by the off chance they're on the same day make them choose. her brother is a horrible person, this is the best way for her to see who else in her family is like that.

Your due date is just a guess. The odds your kid with actually drop on that day are pretty small. When you're at the hospital, are you going to provide your visitors a catered meal and an open bar? How do you plan to compete with your brother?

The birth of a child is way more important than a wedding no matter what. She picked that date to be a bitch

DoctorPALO 14

Your due date is an estimate and may even change. They will make their choices regardless of your wishes. At least now you know what kind of person your brother is marrying and who is going to be wearing the pants in that relationship.

Pretty shitty of her and really shitty of your brother. Due date does not mean it will happen on that date... They could have it sooner or later than that though :(

mcsmee 7

Guess you'll be checking the "I will not be attending" box on that RSVP.

Or bring a +1 with a dietary preference: Boob.

It is inconsiderate of your brother but odds of baby being born exactly on due date are only about 5 percent so unless the wedding is half around the world your family probably doesn't have to choose. Now if your husband would be going to the wedding instead of being with you, either at home or at hospital, that would be an actual FML.

icalledhisname 12

When I was giving birth, I wanted NO ONE with me. Not before, during, or after. Everyone is different, I know. But if anyone chooses a wedding over visiting you, you likely wouldn’t want that type of person with you anyway.

I agree with others said about your due date. Chances of you giving birth at 40 weeks is slim to none. UNLESS your OB already scheduled you to be induced that date already (which is really early to be given an induction date when it's so far away..) You're more likely to go in early or late by a week. And even then, you could be in labor for 24 hours like I was with my first! I just had a third child two weeks ago, and because of covid, no visitors. I was actually...really happy about it. Having to deal with visitors while recovering for my first two was very tiring, even if it was my immediate family!

I'm not sure why you need all these people at the hospital while you give birth. Not to mention the fact that most women do not give birth on their due date. ydi

tounces7 27

You do realize very few babies actually arrive on their due date right? And honestly, he did you a favor. Having a lot of people at the hospital with you will just make it an extremely stressful experience. Better to just have a few close people and that's it.