It was supportive, I swear

By oopsydaisy - 01/10/2014 02:20 - United States

Today, my co-worker told me that my other co-worker is in the process of getting a divorce. I got really excited because his marriage is very toxic. He overheard me say, "He deserves that divorce!" I meant it in a good way, but I don't think he took it that way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 651
You deserved it 12 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

just explain your reasoning behind the comment

Be more careful next time. F your joblife.

Comments

Good luck OP. it always hurts to see people in toxic relationships... and when they end it's usually a good thing. but the people in them may still need time to move on. It's probably best if you try to explain the misunderstanding though.

Going to have to say YDI because in my opinion "He deserves someone better" is just a lot more practical to so. Even if he hadn't overheard you.

Your co-worker just hates a judgmental person. Perhaps ?

It's personal matters and shouldn't be discussed at work unless all three of you are friends of some degree. A divorce is very hurtful to those involved and it should only concern them and not the coworkers, teachers of the kid(s) or everyone on the street. YDI for talking about it at work and FYL for being caught saying something he took in the wrong way. Maybe work is his place to put all the divorce stuff on ice?

Sugar_ray17 3

why are you excited about it? makes no sense

Honestly, you sound desperate and overly excited, like you somehow think you now have a shot with him.