It was supportive, I swear

By oopsydaisy - 01/10/2014 02:20 - United States

Today, my co-worker told me that my other co-worker is in the process of getting a divorce. I got really excited because his marriage is very toxic. He overheard me say, "He deserves that divorce!" I meant it in a good way, but I don't think he took it that way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 651
You deserved it 12 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

just explain your reasoning behind the comment

Be more careful next time. F your joblife.

Comments

You could also just talk to him and explain you didn't mean it that way. Better do it before it gets nasty.

Why are you getting excited about it? O.o

she wants to hook up with him, for sure!! jk she just wants to see him happy

Sometimes everyone around you knows a relationship is bad and is excited for you for finally ending it. Saw plenty of it in the military, we all had a sense of relief and excitement when someone finally divorced/dumped the chick that was bringing him down. It works both ways of course men and women so don't get your panties in a bunch because I used an example that makes women look bad.

Mysterious_one 26

you deserve a punch in a face.. opsss didn't mean it in a bad way

I don't know why everyone is hating on OP. Obviously she knows this guy if she knows that his marriage is toxic... granted, she probably should have kept her mouth shut. However, you should never say, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" to someone getting a divorce. It's obviously not a healthy marriage for either party if one (or both) want out. It makes sense that OP was happy for him because it meant that he was finally going to get out of an incredibly unhealthy environment.

"Good for him" might have been a better choice of words

Tell him the truth , even if you have to tell him about your feelings.

Have a natter and clear the air! He is having a tough time so might see the funny side :)

i may regret asking this for doing so makes me look ignorant/ too lazy to go google it real quick.(maybe it'll just save the next person who wonders it the time as well) but what's a natter?