It's the thought that counts, or something

By Henji - 10/12/2009 22:21 - United States

Today, I gave a girl I like a $200 diamond necklace to express how much she means to me. She gave me a hug and told me she didn't want to lose me as a friend. Nor did she want to lose her new necklace. Today, I got a $200 hug. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 074
You deserved it 41 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for giving a girl that isn't your girlfriend a $200 necklace...

Imagine how much pussy you could've gotten for those 200$ at a strip club. Just sayin'.

Comments

HBubble 3

$200 for a diamond necklace - no wonder she doesn't want to date you.

This person is probably in high school, hence a $200 necklace is a lot for him.

i think you're supposed to ask her to be your girlfriend, then give her the necklace. YDI for being an idiot

its your fault your stupid. def not an fml

kmgentil 0

well thats silly, ur a silly goose jk, celebrate good times come on duhn nuhn nuhn nuha na na come on, lets celebrate, someone dance with me, if someone comments about me ur awesommmmmmmeeeeeeeeee

spreadtheword1o1 0

ooooooo I get it now she don't like ur ass rere

ParaplegicPony 0

I agree. YDI for being a pussy and only being able to tell a girl you like her by getting her expensive jewelry. And especially before you knew if she liked you or not. Rookie mistake. Rookie mistake.

quarty165 0

That's true, the girl's not superficial enough to sleep with someone for money or expensive gifts. The OP, on the other hand, is superficial enough to expect that from her. Seriously, as a friend, you gave her a $200 necklace? What is she even supposed to say to that? If she doesn't want a relationship with you that is more than friendship, it's a little manipulative, don't you think?

i totally agree with #16. u were practically showing off. and u expected her to fall over that gift rather than for u, really. and that's actually what the result was. plus, like 16 said, if she felt the same way for u, she wouldnt need the necklace to reciprocate the love. and let say it did work out, ur bribery plan.. for the time being together, u'll be haunted by the idea of whether she's with u cuz she's expecting more expensive gifts or just because she truly likes u. you totally deserve it. hope u learned ur lesson there kid!

nonynony 0

Yeah... I feel bad for you, but it is your fault. Sure, it would have been nicer for her to refuse the necklace, but she's not obligated to. If it were me, I would feel REALLY uncomfortable being the girl in that situation. She might have accepted it just to teach you a lesson for you putting her in that position! In the future, do the normal thing, and reserve expensive gifts only for girls you're actually with.

why would you give such an expensive present to someone who isn't even your girlfriend, then expect something in return? you can't BUY her love, she's not some *****.

perdix 29

Sadly enough, it works all too often. A guy buys a girl a trinket and gets sex out of it. He knows he bought sex and is happy about it, and she likes the trinket and refuses to see the whole "*****" aspect of the transaction.

I don't see situations like that "he got sex in exchange for the gift", I see it as "she got sex from him AND the gift". Unless the person is not attractive, then it's "sex in exchange for the gift".

whiner. some of us don't even get hugs...except from our parents...

childofadelphia 0

YDI for being a moron. $200 is alot for a gift for a girl, especially if she's just a friend.