Fear factor

By Anonymous - 13/01/2016 06:58 - United States - San Francisco

Today, neither I nor any of my coworkers understand why our boss hates me enough that I feel the need to carry pepperspray on me at all times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 048
You deserved it 1 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a problem with your boss, not you. Make sure any threatening behavior is reported to the proper people. Your safety is your number one priority.

Why have you not gotten the police involved? Or the higher ups?

Comments

moocowmilk0 19

talk to him about it and settle things?

If OP has to carry pepper spray I don't think the Boss is the kind of person who will sit down for a heart to heart with OP about why the they hate OP. The Boss sounds more like a person with the "attack first, ask questions later" mentality.

Sounds like a problem with your boss, not you. Make sure any threatening behavior is reported to the proper people. Your safety is your number one priority.

crazy russian hacker, is that you? (YouTube reference)

justcommenting19 19

Something tells me that HR should get involved. After all, you do have your coworkers to back you. :)

I'm sorry OP. If your boss hates you enough that you're worried about assault, is there any way you could talk to HR, if you have one?

Op, I think it is time to look for a new job.

Why have you not gotten the police involved? Or the higher ups?

I would ask to talk to him to settle your differences, or if you are too uncomfortable to do so, contact HR. Nobody should feel uncomfortable in the workplace OP. Stay strong.

I would take it to HR first before talking to the boss. Document everything, and then have HR deal with the boss. Also, report any retaliation that the boss sends your way (don't forget to document anything that looks like retaliation).

Do you really feel like you're in danger? Please find a new job as soon as you can if it's that bad. Better safe than sorry!

hipposteve 21

He might resent you because he envies you, sees similarities of himself he doesn't like, or you're a pain in his butt. Smart to carry pepper spray! ignore him, we can't please everyone!

Well, it seems that OP is carrying pepper spray in the event that the boss is tempted to commit a salt for some inexplicable reason; it's not something that can simply be ignored. [walks away slowly and quietly]

neuronerd 28

*assault Oh wait...we're you making a salt and pepper joke?

This why it's hard to joke on the internet

is there someone above him you can talk to about the situation?