Inspired by Pam

By Stigmamma - 13/05/2019 20:00

Today, I asked a hairdresser for an A-line bob. I was left with wavy bangs and hair, which is not A-line at all, it's 1 cm shorter on one side. She says she did my hair right, I just need to "style it properly." Not only is it fucked up, I later realised it's the EXACT same haircut as my mother-in-law's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 749
You deserved it 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you need to speak to a manager!

I don't doubt you that you did not get the haircut you wanted, but I'm confused about the "being left with wavy bangs and hair" bit. Wavy isn't a cut, and you can't be "left" with it. You either have naturally wavy hair, or it can be styled that way, but not cut that way. That would be like saying she cut your hair "curly," or cut it a different color. You can always flat-iron the waves out yourself, but besides that, bobs, including a-line bobs, can be wavy or curly and still be an A-line bob cut.

Comments

I don't doubt you that you did not get the haircut you wanted, but I'm confused about the "being left with wavy bangs and hair" bit. Wavy isn't a cut, and you can't be "left" with it. You either have naturally wavy hair, or it can be styled that way, but not cut that way. That would be like saying she cut your hair "curly," or cut it a different color. You can always flat-iron the waves out yourself, but besides that, bobs, including a-line bobs, can be wavy or curly and still be an A-line bob cut.

Perhaps they meant the edges were wavy aka uneven.

I think you need to speak to a manager!

You can really tell if one side is 1 cm different than the other side when your hair is wavy? You should be in the Avengers as Hawkeye's protege. If your hair is wavy, get yourself a flat iron if you don't want it that way. You asked for a cut, not a style. An a-line bob can be wavy. You need some perspective, not a haircut. There are people with actual problems out there.

OP I feel sorry for you not getting what you wanted, and looking like your MIL, but 1cm!?!? That's nothing. My worst cut was 4 inches different from one side to the other! They cut off WAY more than I requested even on the long side. After having a different stylist cut it to match the short side my "just trim a couple inches to get the split ends" ended up with my hair a foot shorter than before. But, I did not look like my MIL, so you still get my sympathy there.

I looked up the haircut you wanted. You requested the “get me your manager” starter pack?!

Typically, the “get your manager” haircut is shorter than an A-line bob. The back is typically cropped like a pixie cut and the front is long like a bob.

Fml needs to take this font out of the selection

Carolyn Bodie 6

As a hairstylist, bring pictures of what you like and what you hate. That way there is a clear line. Also, maybe do a consultation before. You should be able to vocalize and they should be able to communicate. I’m sorry you aren’t loving it. Wish I could fix it for you!