I'm tired

By DramaticSigh - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in. Since I was behind the counter, I asked if she needed help with anything. I've worked there for five years, and I didn't recognize my own boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 818
You deserved it 36 206

Top comments

Well at least they know your a good worker

doyers11 0

Comments

Well at least they know your a good worker

Hey, that just shows that your training helped, and you're willing to help anyone needing assistance.

tylersign 11

Exactly. Just pretend that you knew who your boss was, and it was all intentional! ;D

Yeah, just play it off as you were trying to be helpful. But how the hell don't you recognize your boss after so long?

I love how people are giving OP advice as if they're still in the situation

rallets 22
doyers11 0

its funny cuz i did this today with my own manager he looked different w/out a suit

Maybe you coulda gotten that promotion you wanted if you learned her damn name!!

Pay boss a compliment on looks ????? Profit?

I'm surprised he didn't fire your ass! I suppose I does show him how helpful you are to the customers if anything..

Why would she fire OP? Scenario: OP: Can I help you? Boss: OP! It's me! Your boss! OP: Oh my gosh! I am so sorry I didn't recognize you at first! Boss: You... You didnt... Recognize ME?!?! YOU'RE FIRED!!!! *Hulk Smash and/or Bitch Slap* right cuz that's what happened.

Cereal_Is_Good 5

38- Considering the fact that quite a few states have a law that allow managers/bosses to fire employees for whatever reason they want, it's an entirely possible situation.

43 - I wasn't saying OP couldnt be fired for that reason, I'm saying OP wouldnt be. What would make her boss go into Hulk smash rage enough to fire her for not recognizing her?

Cereal_Is_Good 5

Some people in this world are ridiculous, and I bet there is a manager/boss somewhere that would fire someone over something as small as remembering a name.

fogrunner 13

if so, sue them and tell the court you have prosopagnosia, which seems to be the case. I have it, btw. :)

sxe_beast 11

I think you should take a look at YOU'RE own comment before you call someone out on their stupidity.

Dax_3 2

You're a dumbas$, and Your own comment. Grammar police WIN.

sxe_beast 11

I did indeed intentionally use the incorrect homophone. That is why it is in all caps. :|

Pretend you were joking and laugh it off.

Maybe OP's boss has a really good poker face. Oh yeah, saw what I did there?