I'm not kidding

By ouchies - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to call the doctor to go and have them remove a tick that had got stuck to my man-parts while fishing. The receptionist laughed, because she thought I was prank calling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 314
You deserved it 3 689

Top comments

GravyGuy 11

You're probably mistaking the tick for your wiener, OP.

Comments

enonymous 8

At least finally something sucked your penis right?

cc_the_beast 6

That's happened to two mates of mine. Camping in the bush, go outside for a pee and hey presto! A tick makes a home of your balls...

cc_the_beast 6

That's happened to two mates of mine. Camping in the bush, go outside for a pee and hey presto! A tick makes a home of your balls...

MerrikBarbarian 9

you needed a doctor to remove a tick? seriously have you ever been outside before? who has a doctor remove ticks? o-o

I'm positive there are people out there who have never been bitten by a tick before. OP probably had no idea what to do.

at which point they should just be told to remove it themselves because if its a deer tick it should be removed immediately as removal within 24 hours helps prevent the transfer of burrelia burgdoferi, which causes lyme.

MerrikBarbarian 9

if you are out fishing, hiking, etc you should have been bit many times. it's impossible to spend time doing these things and not get ticks. anyways, if the op can post here, surely they can google tick removal? ;p its not hard to do.

You see, I've gone fishing, camping, hiking, and even hunting and I've yet to be bitten, so no, it can't be impossible. Your chances go up greatly, but it's not necessarily a guarantee. There's a first time for everything. The OP has most likely dealt with it by now.

ive gotten 6 deer ticks on me in the past week. not even kidding. they are easy to remove however OP was probably scared because of the... location. he didnt know if there was a different set of rules.

MerrikBarbarian 9

well yes, you're not in north America... they are far more prolific here. come to Canada or the USA and go hiking or fishing. then tell me you have never got bitten.

ok I'll tell you, I live in the US in a state right next to Canada and I've gone hiking and fishing and I've never gotten a tick

MerrikBarbarian 9

during spring? because I live around the same area and a few years ago you could not even step out the door for 5 minutes without getting some, and they bit in hard and fast vs crawling around like they normally do, giving young chance to remove them before they bite.

The irritated doctor would have ticked you off for not removing it yourself anyway.

LittlexSparrow 0

You'd laugh too. Don't deny it.

Sonic_boomerang 5

Tick tock, on my ding dong... You could easily write a rock song about it. Teen fans would love the authobiobraphical note, once the truth spreads.

Why did you have to go to the doctor for removal? Just use tweezers, pinch it at the base and pull with a steady, even pressure... All of which you're probably used to doing in that area anyway.. But make sure your have done rubbing alcohol handy for sanitation and don't fiddle with it too much because when they get scared they release some stuff into their host..

he shoulda gone up to the doctor and said. suck my *pulls down pants* tick!!