I'm not getting paid enough for this shit

By Username - 20/10/2010 18:08 - France

Today, at work, my boss made me spend a hour trying to catch a baby raccoon in the parking lot. I'm a bank teller. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 653
You deserved it 3 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You know.....you can always politely decline to take on tasks that far outside of your usual job responsibilities using any number of reasons including, "I'm not comfortable trying to capture wild animals. Please call animal control instead".

^ This. YDI for agreeing. He does not own you; you can actually decline.

dudeitsdanny 9

You deserved it for taking an hour =P scare it away from the bank's premises and say it ran off somewhere. It's not your job, that's what animal control is for. Make the call, then go try to catch it. Raccoons are VERY likely to carry rabies.. You should really stay away from them. One scratch, and you could be ******. Rabies shots are ******* painful from what I hear. He's endangering your safety, you're allowed to say no and explain why. There's people trained for this.. You work a desk job at a bank.

starberries 0

I had rabies shots. They are nothing special. (Used to be very painful in the old days, I've heard.) The only problem is that it's a whole course of shots and you have to go back several times to get the whole course. More of an inconvenience really.

Damn raccoons, always hustling me at the drive through.

theycallmeMimi 0
Hgielad_720 0

Haha, I guess I beat you to it. :) Oh, and I love your picture :) It reminds me of my kitty.

peachezthelette 22

Awhhh hoe cute fyl tho. Thts not part of ur job.

perdix 29

It's a good thing you're a bank teller. If you were in animal control, you'd be fired for taking an hour to do a three-minute job. What did the raccoon do anyways? Did it steal one of your precious ******* pens?

Bank teller... Maybe the OP was worried that if someone read about a worker who was asked to chase an animal, they might first imagine that the OP worked for animal control. On the other hand, maybe this an attempt to glue two FMLs together... 1) I chased an animal. FML 2) I am a bank teller. FML

would you not rather chase a raccoon than sit on ur ass in a stuffy grumpy place? Well hey look on the bright side, now you got your weeks exercise out of the way! :D

504tilldeath 0

next step, he takes your red swingline stapler