Hell hath no fury

By child of a crazed women - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Halethorpe

Today, it's my birthday. Since my parents are in the middle of a divorce, my mom thought it was perfectly reasonable to burn the gifts my dad got for me in the fireplace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 033
You deserved it 3 006

Top comments

I hate when parents put their kids in the middle of their issues in a divorce. Happy Birthday though!

I'm sorry OP! I hope your parents get this sorted out quickly. On the other hand, happy birthday!

Comments

I bet the wedding ring followed shortly after.

NewYorkMexPR 14

take something she values highly and throw it in the fireplace while she is watching!!!

Gee, I wonder why your father left her.

dr_snow_bear 29

I think I may know why they're getting divorced....

That is absolutely terrible and I'm sorry you had to go through that OP. If it makes you feel better it isn't just your mom. Most women turn into utter raving, lunatic, psychopaths when it comes to kids and divorce. The best thing you can do is to try to learn from this and if you ever find yourself divorced I hope you can approach it with more dignity and kindness towards your children and ex-husband.

squideth 18

Can you not lump all women into one category just because some are psychos? We don't have a hive-mind, thanks.

kyu_Q 19

I'm sure he said most women and not ALL

Jacksparrow72 21

That's ****** up. Happy Birthday though OP!

ItsAnanya 25

Well now you know which parent to go with! Apart from that lame opinion, Sorry about the gifts OP. I know it's easier to say this but you will get more gifts Hun, but you only have one Ma right? Imagine how hard a time she must be going through, talk to her maybe?

One reason your dad may be divorcing your mom is due to her anger issues and immature ways of dealing with problematic situations. But I'm sorry for you.

kyu_Q 19

While I TOTALLY disagree with what the mom did, it could be that the dad cheated on her while she was being the model wife thus causing her to lose it. Either way one should not further harm their child by being immature. Though when it comes to pain and emotional anguish maturity and common sense rarely comes to mind