Hell hath no fury

By child of a crazed women - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Halethorpe

Today, it's my birthday. Since my parents are in the middle of a divorce, my mom thought it was perfectly reasonable to burn the gifts my dad got for me in the fireplace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 030
You deserved it 3 005

Top comments

I hate when parents put their kids in the middle of their issues in a divorce. Happy Birthday though!

I'm sorry OP! I hope your parents get this sorted out quickly. On the other hand, happy birthday!

Comments

Seems the only acceptable course of action is to sell her wedding ring to a pawn shop :)

Yes, or burn any and all presents that the mother ever received from the father, and then move in with dad! That's so incredibly selfish to do that to your child just because you're angry with your spouse!!!

Time to live with dad I guess. Hey the good thing is two Christmases! But in reality just know that a divorce is rough and lots of unreasonable things happen. Sorry about your presets op

On her birthday, make a show of burning the gifts you got her.

Because I'm sure OP has money to waste like that. This might come to a surprise to you but vengeance isn't always the solution. Just trust me on this I know what I'm talking about.

He could just burn cheap empty boxes filled with lies and manipulation that his mother THINKS are her gifts

Was gonna say this...so true full

No offense.. But your mother is nuts. And she is really selfish to do that! Their divorce should not affect you like that.

Original Poster shouldn't take offense to your statement. Just read her nickname.

DeadxManxWalking 27

Those gifts are yours, she has no right to do that.

Llamacod 11

Presuming that OP is a minor and the gifts were in the mother's house she has every "right" to do it.

Well you should be a great daughter and task your self with the labor of burning all your mums stuff that your dad got for her.

Totally an FML situation, but happy birthday anyway!

My mom and your mom would probably get along.

Wow. There was no reason for her to do that. That sucks OP, I'm sorry.

I'm amazed at how so many divorced parents are so blind as to not see the problem with putting their children in the middle of their fights. If you don't want to be with each other anymore that's your business, but don't make your kids suffer any more than they already are. How can you not see that you're hurting your child by trying to force them to take a side? It's like the love you once had for your spouse has turned into blind hatred to the point where you can't even use enough logic to see when you're obviously harming someone else you claim to love.