Hell hath no fury

By child of a crazed women - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Halethorpe

Today, it's my birthday. Since my parents are in the middle of a divorce, my mom thought it was perfectly reasonable to burn the gifts my dad got for me in the fireplace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 033
You deserved it 3 006

Top comments

I hate when parents put their kids in the middle of their issues in a divorce. Happy Birthday though!

I'm sorry OP! I hope your parents get this sorted out quickly. On the other hand, happy birthday!

Comments

Time for you to burn the divorce papers... For a start. This war may not stop until the house is a crisp.

thejimler 9

It could be worse, your mother could have destroyed your presents without you finding out and then lied to you saying that your father never sent anything or that he wants nothing to do with you after the divorce. I know this is sexist to say but women are usually not the fairer sex when it comes to divorce, in most cases they initiate it and if they're really spiteful lie about circumstances such as fabricating cases of physical and sexual abuse in order to be favoured in the settlement, and lying to their children in the matter I previously mentioned in order to poison the children against the father if he tries to reconnect with them.

sweeto59 3

Why don't you burn something of your mom's which she has gotten from your dad?

What a bitch. Sorry but true. I think you should burn something of hers.

The_F3rris 11

That generation is just f*cked up.

notahotdog 2

YEAH WELL SOME PEOPLE DONT Have FIRPLACES. think about that

SmokeyPlague 12

woah somebody took jealousy too far!

Assuming you still live at home, I think it may be time to go live with dad... Unless he's just as bad, then either get emancipated or move out. Whichever suits your age.