He studies the blade

By Anonymous - 11/01/2022 11:01

Today, my boyfriend dumped me and walked away from our life together, because I wouldn’t let him indulge his stupid manchild hobby of collecting swords to hang on the walls. He already has two, why the hell would he want more than that? Bullet dodged, but 2 years together wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 424
You deserved it 4 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds more like HE dodged a bullet. I hope he finds his Samurai queen & they live happily ever after with their badass sword wall/talking piece.

may sound weird, but people collect items related to things that interests them... most swords and knives have some sort of culture, history or story behind them. from. the shape and design to movies they were in or historical importance... sorry to say, you were the dodged bullet here.

Comments

Ambrily 27

HE'S the one who dodged a bullet, OP, not you.

It sounds like *you're* the one who needs to grow up. He was right to leave you.

ILikeBigMugs 6

It’s really shitty that you think his hobby is not important. However, I would draw the line at hanging them on the wall. If I had a hobby of collecting stamps, I wouldn’t frame them all over the house unless the other people living there enjoyed them as well. All relationships are about compromise, you should’ve been more supportive of his hobby and he should’ve found another place to keep/display the swords that you were more comfortable with.

How is this a manchild hobby? Let him have his fun, geez.

Was he behind on bills because he was blowing most of his paychecks on these swords? If not, I don't see what you're getting angry about. If any bullet was dodged, it was you, and he was the lucky one to dodge it.

Certainly wouldn't want him to be happy would you? You clearly weren't making him happy. Sounds like he dodged a bullet and you f****d up

As long as the bills took priority over the swords there is nothing wrong with collecting them. Let people enjoy life their way as long as no one is getting hurt.