Classic narcissist

By Vanessa - 28/04/2021 13:59

Today, my mother-in-law had a bitch fit because I had a miscarriage and my husband and I are having a difficult time. It’s her birthday and she said I should, “stop being an attention-hogging drama queen” and that, “shit happens, get over it” She doesn’t see what's wrong with her statements. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 453
You deserved it 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only dattention-hogging drama queen is her. Screw her, OP, and ignore everything related to her, because jerks like her do not deserve to have the time of the day.

Sanction her by not celebrating her birthday ever again. She is, after all, not your legitimate family member. Even if she was, her statements are atrocious enough for you to permanently sanction her. Never celebrate her birthdays in the future and let that be a permanent reminder to her for her disdainful remarks.

Comments

Sanction her by not celebrating her birthday ever again. She is, after all, not your legitimate family member. Even if she was, her statements are atrocious enough for you to permanently sanction her. Never celebrate her birthdays in the future and let that be a permanent reminder to her for her disdainful remarks.

big pause. your in laws are definitely your real family, it's immature to think otherwise. also sanction for life? again immature. also, you don't know the story behind all this. when did op have the miscarriage, is op making a scene? if you're having a bad time don't go to someone else's event and cause a scene just respectfully decline the invitation. people shouldn't be able to tell your having marriage issues unless you're really making it obvious after all, having a hard go at it doesn't excuse shitty behavior.

I don't think you understand the devastation and anguish a miscarriage can bring upon the parents. That's absolutely tragic, and to disrespect someone who experiences one is disgusting and deplorable regardless of the circumstances. A LIFE WAS LOST. Also, you want to mention immaturity? Throwing a selfish tantrum towards someone over a birthday while they are mourning is immature. Finally, who are you to say a certain faction is someone's family and is immature to say otherwise? This is the reality of how life works. Family is a subjective term. An individual's family is determined by who they choose to be their family, not bloodline relations and sure as hell not by being an "in-law". People are allowed to value others they are not related to over those that are related and can be for good/necessary reasons. It's their live and their choice. It's OP's life and OP's choice! Not yours or anybody's. Your comment is delusional, disrespectful and absurd. I detest your biased and inconsiderate opinion...sir. Tsk Tsk...

The only dattention-hogging drama queen is her. Screw her, OP, and ignore everything related to her, because jerks like her do not deserve to have the time of the day.

She sounds like a narcissistic bitch, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope things gets better for you.

You and your husband should never let that toxic bitch set foot into your home ever again. Also, I support the idea mentioned here earlier to never again celebrate her birthday from now on. I am so sorry for your loss.

Yummi_913 18

Hold onto that "shit happens, get over it" when her entitled narc ass demands to have access to any future children you may have. And then throw it straight back in her face. Skip her birthdays from now on and don't give her anything for mother's day either since she apparently can't grasp how special children are to REAL mothers.

She has issues. If your spouse doesn’t see that then you guys have bigger problems.