Gym bro

By kaplwv116 - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my extremely in-shape boyfriend told me he hasn't had a chance to work out lately. I jokingly poked him in the belly saying he's getting chunky and winked. He burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 054
You deserved it 41 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

It's funny how if this was a guy doing it to his girlfriend, people would be insulting OP to no end.. Instead people are mocking the boyfriend. No one likes being called chunky, or fat. Especially if he's one of those people who work really, really hard on their bodies.

Comments

ILoveTabz 0

awww how inconsiderate of you!

Playful1985 9

You're a bitch. Apparently being in shape means a lot to him. Plus what you teased him about was a lie. Maybe he used to be overweight growing up and you just brought back the memories. Either way, the whole thing makes you look shallow.

Woah, calm down. OP was joking, get a sense of humor.

sxe_beast 11

But 51 was kind of right. Tragically you have to be careful about joking with these things. Self image issues are a serious thing.

If their self image issues are that severe, they shouldn't really be dating anyone. You should always learn to love yourself before loving someone else :b

what i was going to comment, word for word.

sxe_beast 11

Yes 68 you're right, but these people have super warped senses of reality. From your point this might be the most logical thing to do, but he obviously doesn't have this mentality. Look up body dysmorphic disorder :/. Not saying the OP's boyfriend has a serious mental disability, but he could.

ReynshineCutting 10

I don't necessarily agree. You can successfully be with someone while working on your own issues. Besides it's nice to have support while you're working on them.

154- yes, you absolutely CAN. I didn't say you can't. I just think it makes the relationship a hell of a lot more difficult. And your significant other might not always understand your problem and be able to support you. I used to have issues with the way I looked and my boyfriend just did not understand because he didn't see the issues I did. Therefore, he wasn't really 'supportive' because he thought I was being ridiculous for thinking like that in the first place. Insecurities just add tension to a relationship, really. Yeah, you CAN date someone while being insecure, but it's harder.

So Murphy, if it had been a guy calling his girlfriend fat, how would you have reacted? Because I know it wouldn't be the same way you just did, defending the girlfriend.

gene818 13

Today, I told my girlfriend I haven't had a chance to work out lately. She poked my belly, as if saying "You're getting chunky" and winked. FML PS: I'm not him.

RockstarRN 10

Maybe he has had weight issues before...

Akumie 6

i created an account just to say this. your a bitch.

dani__rawrr 0

"he's a gay."-the hangover 2

dani__rawrr 0

"he's a gay."-the hangover 2

poor guy. clearly nobody realizes that it may be possible *gasp* that guys are self conscious just like girls.

ohcomeonsrsly 6

still, dude needs to get a sense of humor. I feel self-conscious all the time, but I don't burst into tears when someone jokingly pokes fun at me. and you know how emotional we girls always are. ;D jk