Guilt

By Dumped - 18/02/2010 08:58 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found out that my girlfriend got drunk and cheated on me. After I tried to talk to her about it, she dumped me. Not because she didn't like me anymore or that she liked the other guy, but because she felt "too guilty" and "wouldn't be able to look me in the eyes anymore." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 999
You deserved it 3 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh_dee 0

Wow, this sucks a lot (especially if you really loved her), but it's a good thing that you broke up...cheating shouldn't be tolerated and she should feel guilty for what she did. I'm not sure if I would have the strength to give a guy another chance if he cheated on me.

Comments

lilshawkey44 0

OHMYGOD. this is the exact thing that my friend did to her boyfriend! like she got drunk and said pretty much the same thing to him! weirddddddddddddddddddddd.

mounin 0

I'm sorry for you I hate when people act like this

i don't see the problem. i mean, i'm sorry for you, but you should/would have broken up with her anyway. the only thing you don't get now is the satisfaction of leaving her.

omg dude this happen to me aswell dont wory dude it will be ok

omg dude this happen to me aswell dont wory dude it will be ok

SaraN29 6

she is dumb for not telling u herself cuz it hurts finding out and if after leaving u and not dating then she loves u butshe is dumb for not telling u herself cuz it hurts finding out and if after leaving u and not dating then she loves u but if she is dating she never loved u. This happened in my relationship but there was no cheating just flirting no physical activiy and we are still together. ur better off with out her

I sadly did this to a past boy friend. I really regret it. I still liked him, ALOT! but I felt SOO guilty. all I did was kiss a girl when I was drunk too. it was super stupid

yakari_fml 0

you guys are all really ignorant. It was because she cheated on him that she felt so guilty and shameful and so she felt that she can never be close to him again because of what she did. it wasn't because the relationship wasn't important enough or because she liked the other guy. you boys are so simple minded because you don't even understand your own emotions. you just condemn other people when you probably are not any better. yes cheating is wrong but its much more complicated than what you guys think. you obvious haven't been through enough suffering to understand it and incapable of comprehending such a complex emotion.

I agree whole-heartedly. If she was being honest about how guilty she felt, I can see where she would feel like she wouldn't be able to be close to him again, or even feel that he deserved someone a hundred times better than herself and wouldn't be able to stay in a relationship with that feeling. It sucks, but I think it's a legitimate reason.

Thats exactly how my last relationship ended. I even forgave him.

@157 ands 158: She got drunk and spread her legs for another guy despite having been in a relationship--so it's a damn good thing she feels guilty, because otherwise she'd be a heartless bitch (not that she isn't right now). Maybe instead of pulling the whole guilty-victim crap and cheating on the OP, who then tried to talk to her about it, she could have thought about not getting so trashed she would sleep with another guy. Because then, you know, she wouldn't have anything to feel guilty about. I don't care if the cheater feels guilty, the desrve it and more because cheating shows a lack of respect, lack of thought and lack of affection on the cheaters part. FYL, OP.