Go anyway, see the sights

By CrazedGunMan - 02/09/2020 19:01 - Panama - Panama

Today, I could finally get a plane ticket to go see the girl I have been talking to for the past 5 months. Just as I told her the exciting news, she told me that she was no longer interested in me. Guess that's 800 dollars down the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 434
You deserved it 601

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

You didn't talk to her about it specifically BEFORE buying the ticket? I mean, how would you even know when a good day to fly there would be?

Take the trip anyways and see if you can meet a new girl there. I mean, you already spent the 800 bucks and you're implying it's non-refundable and non-changeable.

Comments

Take the trip anyways and see if you can meet a new girl there. I mean, you already spent the 800 bucks and you're implying it's non-refundable and non-changeable.

CrazedGunMan 11

Yeah, actually the flight got cancelled by the airline and they gave me back the whole 800 dollars 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's good luck! I'm surprised that with your username they haven't put you on the No-Fly List.

Mathalamus 24
tounces7 27

You didn't talk to her about it specifically BEFORE buying the ticket? I mean, how would you even know when a good day to fly there would be?

CrazedGunMan 11

I did!!! We were talking about it for some time before I just wanted to surprise her

Shouldn't you have asked her first if she wanted you to visit??? ydi

Some people aren’t anything like they portray themselves to be online. It may have been fun talking to you. But now that the time has come for you to find out how close she is to who you thought she was she’s no longer interested. Makes sense.

I simply do not believe that it’s possible to form successful long distance relationships. Attempts to do so will almost always end like this - Either it ends when you decide to finally see them in person or soon after. The only exception is if it’s someone you already have a relationship with and the separation is temporary. The problem is that long distance, people can create a fantasy of who they really are or what they are like. But being with them in person destroys that fantasy. Generally the only people who fall for these long distance relationships are those with their own issues they are masking. It’s time you took a close look in a mirror, readjusted your standards based on what you see and who you are and them tried meeting someone who’s really available and local. OP - Your user name implies something disturbing and violent. If it’s a joke it’s not going to be well received if you continue to use it elsewhere. If accurately describes you, you need to reconsider your life choices.

Sady_Ct 37

I met my partner on line in February 2019, I met him in person 6 weeks later, and we have never looked back. It is possible if you both have integrity and don’t pretend to be something that you are not. I moved to his town and in with him in November last year, and my mum hated the fact I was moving half a days drive away to a rural and remote area. She also hated my partner. She now misses both of us like crazy, as she now loves him because of how well he treats me etc. He is the love of my life, and I have never been happier.

CrazedGunMan 11
voodoo66 5

tx to covid, u can get money back or credit for any flight

aye_its_gray 4
randybryant799 20