GHOSTS!

By fml_anon - 19/03/2016 08:33 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I had to spend a depressingly long time convincing my 29-year-old husband that our house isn't haunted and that the door slammed shut because it was windy outside. I repeat, "29-year-old husband" and "haunted". It's like I'm married to a child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 114
You deserved it 4 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could have just gone along with it and made him even more scared

To be fair, that's also what they blame it on in scary movies.

Comments

To be honest, belief in ghosts is probably the most rational belief in terms of supernatural stuff.

you're an intolerant little bitch, aren't you?

To be fair, if this is how you speak about him you may have bigger issues, such as, you being a bitch.

I spent part of a year in college living in a haunted house. Bad feelings, flickering lights, slamming doors, the works. After a night where there were banging sounds all night, and in the morning we discovered all our pets died, we moved. We ended up paying rent on the apartment we lived in and the haunted house we were scared to go back to. Don't dismiss it out of hand. Maybe he had an experience that traumatized him.

You married him and didn't know that men never grow up? I should know…as me and my bros are all kids at heart, we may physically grow older but that changes nothing tbh

I think this is more F HIS Life op. If his belief in ghosts is the biggest of your problems with him, chill!

Oh man someone is scared of ghosts, big deal it's not like he would have burned the house down over it, just show him the wind show him how it works boom done if he wants to think its ghosts who cares it's nota big deal, people have believed stupider things.

Show him the wind? ...Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Hmm. I'm 30. About a month ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a figure of a man standing in the middle of the room, smiling at me. I sat up--poof! gone. I don't think my house is haunted. I think I've been suffering from some strange sleep-induced hallucinations. I've had many other experiences (swarms of spiders, earwigs, baby possums)--but when I told my coworkers of my experience, all of whom are of an age with me or older, they immediately asked if my house was haunted. Do I believe in ghosts? Not right now. But when I hear something go bump in the night... let's just say I'm on alert.

scottishoatmeal 22

Hmm I wouldn't necessarily call him a child because of something he believes in.