Get out

By okay17 - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I met my new roommate. I hadn't even gotten her name yet, because the first thing she said to me instead was that she wanted to hang her confederate flag on the wall. I'm black. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 909
You deserved it 5 219

Top comments

joeyl2008 29

Time to find a new roommate... again

Marcella1016 31

It shouldn't, but it does, and too many effing people ignore that. The n word in the dictionary originally had a completely different meaning, but guess what? Now it means something else. People who hang and fly the confederate flag know exactly what it says. As far as the people who claim they fly it for "Southern pride" or their loss in the Civil War or whatever, they need to get over being all butthurt over losing a war that happened *150* years ago (and yes, the whole slavery part of it was a HUGE deal to them) and realize we are one nation, the UNITED States of America. All this whole Southern pride and cecession crap is BS and nonsense.

Comments

joeyl2008 29

Time to find a new roommate... again

yeah hopefully she wont get a racist person who hates people for loving there home. Next you will blame cops for shooting someone who points a gun at them.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Look up the meaning of the confederate flag. It's not about racism.

Thank You 41. number 2 I'm sure she wont notice because shell be to busy raising 5 kids with different daddies. loving your home isn't racist. the girl never owned slaves. Slavery has been gone for a long time. Let me guess you hate Africa and black people to since they were the first ones to sell other blacks in to slavery

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tell her she can do that, if you can have your Black Panther meetings in the common areas every Friday.

dakid87 10

That's tough, but hang in there you'll be surprise how close you guys get. Just hang in there to see If it's work out.

martin8337 35

Look at the brightside, she's only a racist not a mass murdered. I guess. ?

The confederate flag has nothing to do with racism, slavery didn't either actually.

It is impossible to make the argument that the Civil War had *nothing* to do with racism. Even if you're arguing that the war was due to states' rights and oppressive economic policy, what economic factors do you think the Confederate states were fighting for?

everton99 16

I love Tupac, but I'm not understanding what he has to do with race rights.

GummiieBear 12

Bring over all your black friends, blast socially conscious rap and hang posters with quotes by MLK, Malcolm X and etc. you could attempt at educating her but honestly most of them won't listen.

I don't know if it's possible, but she might not even know what it means and just thought the flag looked cool.

The confederate flag has nothing to do with racism.