Get off!

By disembob - 03/12/2012 02:26 - United Kingdom

Today, at a talent show, my band got booed before we even started playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 373
You deserved it 3 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ape1321 3

Maybe they simply weren't done booing for the group you were following.

Comments

rotflqtms_ 21

Let me guess... You forgot to mention that as you were walking on stage, The lead accordion player knocked over the tambourine player... Then they started to boo you before you got to play your first note...

sugarshane007 20

Everybody's a critic. Talent shows are a harsh gig.

I hear you bro, I'm in a band too. It's a tough world we live in, for bands..:/

sugarshane007 20

Music is a tough gig period. Most people who can hear think they know about it, and most are so quick to criticize something they can usually not do themselves.

chrissy2 28

Personally, I don't understand what someone could get out of humiliating others to be "funny". Everytime I see it happen my heart sinks...

Sometimes it's not for funny because some people are just ******* bad. Also, booing someone is a motivation for them to look in the mirror and make two choices. One, I'm going to practise everyday and get better because I love doing this or in this case, I'm just going to stick to singing in the washroom.

brittanyrmh_ 12

Ooh, ouch. I hope you still got to play.

sugarshane007 20

It could be a Nickelback cover band with a female lead singer who emulates Avril Lavigne. A match made in nightmares.

chrissy2 28

I think I might be the only person ever that likes Nickleback and isn't afraid to say it....

sugarshane007 20

While I commend you for your honesty, some things are better left unsaid.

chrissy2 28

I mean yeah, their music is a little overplayed and their lead singer is a douche but they have some good songs. I understand why some people dislike them, I just don't understand the overwhelming hate towards them.

I hear you, 48. Personally I think they're pretty generic and boring, but I don't really understand why they get more hate than say, Theory of a Deadman or Creed, which are virtually identical bands in terms of their music.

chrissy2 28

Yeah, and then there is Cage the Elephant... Same song, different lyrics....everytime.

perdix 29

#29, I'd tend to agree, but I will give them credit for the clever name, Vanadium Front. Kudos for consulting the Periodic Table! I guess the audience isn't having fun yet, ye-et, ye-et.

SpikyG 3

They are just jealous because they can't be on stage.

martin_martian7 11