Get better standards

By Anonymous - 25/07/2023 10:00

Today, I realized just how bitchy my BFF really is. When my sister said hi to her, she just glared back. She refers to a trans woman as "it" and not her correct pronouns. She just sucks the fun out of everything and makes me feel alone and stuck. I can't abandon her though because we're both each other's only friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 284
You deserved it 1 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doom_Kitty 12

You're actually not doing her a favour by supporting the exact reason why she doesn't have any other friends.

Zero friends is better than having one shitty one. Once you dump this shit, you can have time to meet others. Try to pick better this time.

Comments

Doom_Kitty 12

You're actually not doing her a favour by supporting the exact reason why she doesn't have any other friends.

In my opinion, people are entitled to their beliefs, but anyone expressing any kind of hateful rhetoric is not someone I wanna hang out with. You need friends who's beliefs are more in line with yours. True, you may help your friend understand and even accept your belief system by gentle discussion but if she's set in her ways then it's time to say goodbye.

You remaining friends with her is going to feel like implicit support to her. You really, really need to drop her and find new friends.

Let her carry her own burdens of her own making - She has no friends because she seems like she actively drives people off. Wouldn't you be so much happier, freer, if you didn't have to worry about her and her reactions to things? Would you perhaps be more able to find people who aren't immediately driven away by her? Let go. If she has problems without you, that's not your problem. As for yourself, better no friends than an actively harmful "friend", no?

you don't 'need' to stay friends with her. she has no other friends because she's toxic. you have no other friends because of her. drop her and you'll end up finding healthy friends. you definitely don't need her toxicity in your life.

Zero friends is better than having one shitty one. Once you dump this shit, you can have time to meet others. Try to pick better this time.

Abandon said 'friend' because without them you will be significantly better off finding new friends. People like that bring everyone else around them down to their level and you need to escape before you become another crab in a bucket.

SylvarLorali 4

sorry but I wouldn't care if she was my only friend - showing so much disrespect for the trans community is disgusting and I wouldn't want to have any part of that.

hit the fyl button before reading. now it won’t let me hit the ydi 😢