By Less Friendship, More Cash - 06/05/2016 11:54 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, I realized one of my best friends was only friends with me because I would take her shopping, spoil her regularly, and help her out financially. She moved to another province and only contacted me whenever she wanted money. After I refused a couple of times, she deleted me on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 764
You deserved it 2 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazy_bananas 31

You are a really good person, but you should probably stop doing all that for everyone. See who your real friends are OP.

Though it sucks right now, it's good you found this out and can move on - unhealthy friendships are not friendships worth keeping.

Comments

crazy_bananas 31

You are a really good person, but you should probably stop doing all that for everyone. See who your real friends are OP.

It sucks when such good and generous people are taken advantage of.

that it does, sadly we live in a world where people have no problem taking advantage of people like that.

Though it sucks right now, it's good you found this out and can move on - unhealthy friendships are not friendships worth keeping.

is she burrowing money or asking for money? if she's asking for money..direct her to the nearest highway and give her a piece of cardboard

Leeches never make good friends, OP.

Hopefully you learned this lesson before you spent too much on her. Think of it like this: Those who ask you for moneey the most are the ones who usually deserve (And appreciate) it the least. By continually giving handouts to someone, you start to make them feel entitled to them. Find someone who loves you for who you are, not what you can buy them.

Oops, appreciates you not loves you.... my mistake

You are better off without that person. I'm sure you'll find someone who wants to be friend with you for who you are not what you have in your wallet, good luck OP.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Getting taken for your kindness happens quite often. Don't feel too bad, some people just suck at life.

Sorry to hear that op. I too share the gift of human kindness. Remember not to turn cynical, it means your a special person. :)

Sorry you had to learn an unpleasant life lesson that way. At some point I think most of us have experienced that with friends or relatives. When we care about people we naturally want to help them if we can and there is a need. But then there are some who would abuse that and then have no respect for the giver. Best to find out now who is a real friend than to let it go on too long. You are a good person, there will be other friends in your life soon enough. In the end, it's not good for the one who always lets others fix their problems either - They learn manipulation and dependence instead of useful life skills.