Frustration level: infinity

By MEW - 21/09/2009 00:38 - United States

Today, I was working drive thru and took a huge order. When the people pulled around to the window, they handed me a stack of coupons. None of the coupons were even related to what they ordered. They made me change their order to fit the coupons because they couldn't read. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 552
You deserved it 3 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vosmaeri 0

People are really stupid. Sorry about that.

Idiot people 1 of the reasons why I will never work in fast food coz people just get on my nerves i would throw the food at their face.

Comments

mmmmallory 0

a frusterating day at work is NOT an fml.

My guess is that most people who are saying this isn't an FML have never worked in a drive-thru. I worked in one for awhile (after earning a Bachelor's degree in less than 4 years, for anyone who thinks my intelligence played into my job "choice") and it's pure hell, day in and day out. Chances are, this group of customers was just the worst group that day. Not a day went by in that job where I didn't hate my life. Thank goodness I was lucky enough to get out.

ihatestupidppl 0

The sad part is, I wouldn't be surprised if that group WASN'T the worst that day. The kind of shit customers pull is astounding.

ihatestupidppl 0

Oh, they can read. If working in retail has taught me anything, it's that customers with coupons tend to develop a selective reading ability. They certainly are able to read "FREE (whatever product)", "50% OFF!" or whatever benefits THEM, but those little explanations/exclusions on the back? "Durrrr I no can reed dat, gimme whut I want, nawt whut da company sez I can has!!!!"

I can understand where you're coming from. . .I get customer's at the resturaunt I work at all the time. I take their order bring it to them and they claim it isn't what they wanted. I repeat back their order, they agree that what is written is what they ordered, but they still make me take the food back and make something different.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

its not like you had to make the order. the people in the kitchen should have posted a fml that said "today, the retard in drive thru took a huge order, then the retards in the car made them change it. fml"

I call Shinanigans on the FML due to the fact that coupons ALWAYS say "cannot be combined with any other offer" on them. So, even if the customers couldn't read you wouldn't have to change the order to fit their coupons because they would have only been able to use 1 coupon per order. You tried the. E for effort.

Yeah, always. Wait, no, that's bullshit. Maybe the ones you've seen, but not ALL coupons.

tenkenshi 2

Actually I've used plenty of coupons that say cannot be combined with any other offer at the same time. most of the time the employees at fast food places don't really care and just put them all in.

alwaysalady 0

Dude, this is totally legit. I've had it happen to me on more then one occasion in my time as a drive thru clerk. makes you lose faith in humanity, huh?

Today I had a sucky time at my sucky job. Guess I really oughta work harder in school, to get better grades, to get a scholarship or two, to get thru college, to get my degree, to get a decent, well paying job instead of this sucky one. MML - Motivate My Life