Forget me not

By Anonymous - 23/03/2022 04:00

Today, it's been a week since my husband woke up with what the hospital says is transient amnesia. He’s lost about 15 years of memories and thinks he’s in his 20’s. We’ve only been married 5 years, and dated 3 years before that, so he has no idea who I am, has no idea his parents are dead, or who our son is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 700
You deserved it 82

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What could possibly make anyone press the you deserve it button on this one? This must be such a horrible experience. Stay strong OP!

ashlston 12

Who the **** would say "you deserve this" **** you if you do

Comments

What could possibly make anyone press the you deserve it button on this one? This must be such a horrible experience. Stay strong OP!

My guess is that they're ultra right-wing and got as far as trans before pressing it.

bmepm3 8

Typically this would be an accident during scrolling on a mobile device. I wish they would add the function of undoing by clicking again.

Grumpy Jack 26

Being able to undo a click would be great !

ashlston 12

Who the **** would say "you deserve this" **** you if you do

Let's hope your husband doesn't start to flirt with 20-year-old women.

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

Holy shit... I know it won't mean much but I'm so so sorry you're dealing with this. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I'd beg you to please allocate some time on building a support network for yourself and for your son. I'd recommend seeking therapy to aid during such a chaotic time. Here's a small bit relating to it if you're interested in pursuing the idea further.... When looking for a therapist, do your research just as when looking for a doctor. There's a few modalities. To name a few: -Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) -Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) -Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) -Emotion-Focused Therapy Remember that any therapist you find is working for *you*. You are allowed to ask for their qualifications, certifications, schooling, etc. You are allowed to tell them no. A very important question to ask them is if they *also* see a therapist. Any therapist that tells you they don't need their own therapist probably isn't a very good one.

FakeFriendMagnet 1

I can't imagine what you're going through. Stay strong. I hope he can regain at least some of his memory.