For real though?

By Anonymous - 15/02/2017 08:00 - United States - Parkesburg

Today, my father was offered 85 sheep for my hand in marriage. We live in the USA, and he is literally contemplating the offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 424
You deserved it 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alternative-facts 6

If he throws a few goats and pigs in, I'd say it's a good deal! But seriously, what state do you live in? And who is the intended bridegroom?

Nowhere does it say that OP is an adult.

Comments

Why does anyone in their right mind think this is ok? Want to do that crap, go back to one of the stans.

He needs some compensation. You think raising you was cheap? ?

Does your family by any chance hail from northern states of India ? Because though it's not very common in the south,it's quite hardcore in the north!

Depends where your "North" is. Anywhere north of your home state is NOT north India. Plus I haven't heard of women being given away for cattle in any of the north indian states. I know people in the "Southern" state of Telangana rent their young girls to really old "men" from the Gulf states under the cover of marriage.

shadeslayer99 13

My mom was offered 200 camels by a merchant guy in turkey for my sister to marry the guys son (he was studying engineering)

well, you are in Pa. no shortage of Amish and it's probably common practice to them. don't sweat it, don't think you can be legally sold in the USA anyways. CPS would have a field day.

85 sheep? That's kind of herd to turn down..

BlueJuly 3

I am pretty sure thats illegal....

Donald Trump here: Sorry, sometimes the crazy ones get through...

jcash52426 5

Look at it this way your dad can eat mutton( sheep meat) for the rest of his life.