For real though?

By Anonymous - 15/02/2017 08:00 - United States - Parkesburg

Today, my father was offered 85 sheep for my hand in marriage. We live in the USA, and he is literally contemplating the offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 424
You deserved it 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alternative-facts 6

If he throws a few goats and pigs in, I'd say it's a good deal! But seriously, what state do you live in? And who is the intended bridegroom?

Nowhere does it say that OP is an adult.

Comments

That's a lot of sheep. It's a pretty good investment.

Get help. NOW. My own grandmother was sold off by her parents to her first husband. All Americans, btw. He was an abusive SOB, and it took her years to finally get away from him.

Get help. NOW. My own grandmother was sold off by her parents to her first husband. All Americans, btw. He was an abusive SOB, and it took her years to finally get away from him.

thehaystackerine 20

I would consider it too, you can't hardly beat that offer.

Wool, that's just shear terror right there.

readingrachel 9

What people don't understand is. Raising and taking care of 85 sheep is expensive; it's not worth it. It's also concerning that he's willing to even think about trading his kid for sheep

My Mum was offered 40 camels and a fridge magnet for me. I think for a moment she seriously considered it. I was not amused.

I know it's kind of a dick move to all you out on word usage, but I have to point out that the way you used "literally" here is almost physically painful. I'm fairly certain, based on context, that you meant to use the word "legitimately." That said, it's complete bullshit that your dad is even remotely considering this. In this day and age, most societies don't consider it okay to do trades for marriage, and the fact that your dad is humoring the idea makes me very concerned for your safety. I suggest seeking refuge with a friend or a family member outside your dad's house until this is sorted out.

*call you out Getting real sick of the broken comment editor.

I sure hope the groom isn't a Nigerian prince