Focus group

By Jay - 10/04/2009 14:41 - Germany

Today, my mate came over wanting me to listen to a new music CD he got. It was by some unknown band, and at the end he asked me what I thought, and I said it was ok but the lead singer couldn't sing even if his life depended on it. Turns out my mate's the lead singer, and it was his own band. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 329
You deserved it 43 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shiie 0

Well he asked, so he got what he wanted.

Agree with #1....he didn't tell you whose band it was before he got your opinion on the subject because he wanted an honest opinion out of you. You gave him one- he should've told you it was his band before asking an opinion if he was just fishing for a compliment.

Comments

Carlynator09 0

A lot of people. Not everyone only uses American slang.

bandgeekforlife 0

#54: BRITISH people, duh. OP: Not your fault, he didn't tell you it was him, he just asked and you gave him what he wanted, objective feedback.

troop4five 0

today my mate told me i cant sing even if my life depended on it.. righty-o. FML

Some people have different singing voices from their normal talking voices. Could be possible that a friend can't recognize it. I would've said the same thing as OP. If someone can't sing, they should know.

I'm starting to understand the distaste people from other countries feel towards Americans. "Mate? what the hell? what is that? WHO says that? You mean everyone on the internet isn't American?!" Like someone else said: Its the World Wide Web people. And #44, its bOllocks, but damn, that was funny.