Focus group

By Jay - 10/04/2009 14:41 - Germany

Today, my mate came over wanting me to listen to a new music CD he got. It was by some unknown band, and at the end he asked me what I thought, and I said it was ok but the lead singer couldn't sing even if his life depended on it. Turns out my mate's the lead singer, and it was his own band. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 329
You deserved it 43 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shiie 0

Well he asked, so he got what he wanted.

Agree with #1....he didn't tell you whose band it was before he got your opinion on the subject because he wanted an honest opinion out of you. You gave him one- he should've told you it was his band before asking an opinion if he was just fishing for a compliment.

Comments

MOL_fml 0

Fact of the matter is, singing takes less effort then most people give credit for. Most bands would not even be popular if they didn't edit there voices. Anyone can sing, but to sing good it has to be exercised like a muscle, either that or its a born skill, you can suck at it for the rest of your life.

Actually it's more than that. Lung capacity and diaphragm have to be exercised, as you said, like a muscle. But there's also a lot of ear training. And it takes a while to be any good at singing, to the point that, also as you said, at lot of major recording artists wouldn't be able to do anything without studio trickery.

Beven 0

Well he obviously wanted an unbiased opinion and that's what he got.

thatoneguy1812 0

Shenanigans... I read this before....

CableX17 0

You read it the other way tho, his 'mate' posted this too.

woahcomments 0

that's awkward... but at least he got an honest answer, right? i'd think that's what he's going for.

IMz0r 0

#24 is right. "I told the truth. FML" Really?

It's not FYL it's FHL. I can imagine him posting a similar one here: "Today, I had my friend evaluate my band's record. When I asked him what he thought of the music, he responded, "It's ok, but the lead singer couldn't sing even if his life depended on it." I'm the lead singer. FML"

You were being honest so there's nothing more you can do. It's not your fault your mate can't sing ;)

completely unoriginal. i've seen this same stupid fml so many times and it wasn't funny to begin with. the answer is the same, your friend sucks he needs to know. #38 - No one cares.

#2 a lot of people sound different when they sing