First Dates

By Anonymous - 05/12/2020 23:06 - United States - Hesperia

Today, a guy took me on a date to McDonald’s. I smiled, but told him politely that I don’t eat fast food. He called me a stuck-up snob and a high maintenance gold digger who didn’t deserve him. I’m neither. I have IBS and greasy food sets me off. I had to walk home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 371
You deserved it 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

So, you had no idea where you were even going before the date? Honestly you need to be more careful in the future, you got into a vehicle with someone you clearly didn't know at all, headed for a destination you didn't even know. At least this time you only had to walk home, could have been far worse.

how old are you? because at 12 McD is a legit place for a date.

Comments

I feel you OP. I have Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. An ex of mine got mad at me once for a similar thing, that is part of the reason we are ex's because his lack of care and understanding of my disease. He Actually yelled at me while driving me to the ER. He was a prick. But don't worry OP, you'll find the right guy someday. I have. Best of luck to you! 💜

Why didn't you say you "can't" eat fast food? Saying you "don't" eat fast food sounds snobbish. McDonald's has salads. Not great, but at least you'd have gotten through the date. And who knows, you might have been involved in a *******. Lucky you!

tounces7 27

Actually, McDonalds got rid of their salads and anything else remotely healthy on their menu. Apparently their customers just aren't dying fast enough for them.

Really? I wouldn't know. I haven't been to a McDonald's since my child was small. It's the least tasty of the fast food brands, but it's the best entertainment for little kids.

how old are you? because at 12 McD is a legit place for a date.

Honestly, I'm married 11 years and once in awhile nabbing like $5 of food before going to the beach/park for a date is p ******* nice and easy. Two dollar burgers each and share a drink. Not everything has to be $20-100 a meal. Trust me, once you realize it's not the place but the time together is what matters, this shit won't mean anything.

going to fast food *on* a date and going there *before* a date are two different things.

tounces7 27

So, you had no idea where you were even going before the date? Honestly you need to be more careful in the future, you got into a vehicle with someone you clearly didn't know at all, headed for a destination you didn't even know. At least this time you only had to walk home, could have been far worse.

anomynous 11

I feel your pain OP, I also have problems with IBS and I've had people get upset because I need a certain amount of sleep to avoid setting it off, as well as avoiding certain foods. Hopefully, you ended up dodging a bullet, that kind of behavior (blowing up without allowing you to explain yourself) is sort of sketchy. I wish you the best of luck in your future dating endeavors, and hope people will be more understanding in the future. 😁

so you're saying before you even decided to let this person take you anywhere you didn't tell him of possible medical problems before going out. That's like knowing you have nut allergies then let someone take you all the way to Texas road house where there nuts Everywhere. you definitely did that to your self. trust me I get you had personal problems that may have been embarrassing but how do you feel about being left at McDonald's?

tounces7 27

IBS is kinda a personal thing not something you usually announce to a first date.

Nhayaa 21

You don't need to justify yourself. Even without IBS you're not a snob because you don't eat McDonald's. Not a loss in my opinion.