Fire!

By NowABlonde - 09/03/2009 16:23 - United States

Today, I decided to lighten my hair. I applied the dye and waited 20 minutes. When I went to wash the dye out, the water wouldn't turn on. After my head started to burn, I called the landlord in a panic. Turns out there was a water main break and the entire city block doesn't have water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 748
You deserved it 5 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Holy crap...I probably woulda poured bottled water over my head or gatorade or whatever I had in the house...lol...I hope your hair is not too damaged and the color doesn't look bad...and if it does I hope it can be fixed at a salon...wow this seriously blows...it would only be half as bad if you had been coloring it darker...but bleach...damn...

Wow, that's horrible. I hope your hair doesn't start falling out.

Comments

TheNameless_fml 0

Yikes, that sucks. I probably would have dumped whatever I had in the fridge over my head or gone to a friend's house who had water. Hopefully you didn't do too much damage to your hair.

Whoever said toilet is right! I hope they were talking about the tank though since that's nice clean water :P Although... if you didn't use the water tank it would make a funnier FML

yeah, the water in the toilet tank is still a clean water. but that sucks for you *_*, hope your hair/head is fine.

that is an FML in its true form. U feel sorry for u, and for the record didn't laugh.... until i pictured you diving head first into the toilet...ahahaha.....sorry

ouchhhhh hope your head is alright!! :(

There is always 40 gallons of water in the water heater. Just plug in a hose and go outside. Or there is some in the holding tank for the toilet. Improvise. But that does suck.

TheRipePunani 0

Sucks, but you should've tested the faucet ahead of time.

WerewolfCustoms 0

The OP didn't mention that it was pure bleach. I lighten my hair using dyes from boxes which work differently than actual bleach. Dyes will only change your hair color to a certain extent and then stop no matter how long you leave it in your hair so it's not a big deal if you leave it in longer. To get the full effect I usually leave mine in an hour and a bit. Yes it's uncomfortable but it shouldn't damage your hair more than it was being damaged by dyeing in the first place.

Bleach from a box is different from boxed dye. It's extremely damaging and, unlike dye, leaving it on your hair for much longer than the intended period can leave you with sticky, stretchy, super-fragile hair. So leaving it on for an hour and however many minutes? Freaking terrible idea.

This is why you should go to a hair salon to get your hair done.