Fingers crossed

By NotASize0 - 04/04/2013 15:12 - Denmark

Today, while shopping for a birthday present for my size 0 friend, I picked out a pair of pants for her. When paying, the cashier looked me up and down and said, "Well, you're pretty optimistic aren't you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 675
You deserved it 4 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Ah, whatever happened to "I'll shut the hell up and do my job" (⌒-⌒; ) ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

kevinnicki4life 9

That sucks OP. Some people truly need a filter.

Comments

Wow! It's not her job to comment on your size. What an ass she is!

Part of the reason I use self check-outs is to avoid unpleasant conversations from cashiers. Some of them just don't know when to keep their opinions to themselves. At least the self check-out thanks me for being a customer and tells me to have a lovely day.

Your name is shut the **** up?! Cool! My mom named me something lame and generic.

Not that it's any of their business, but it could have been an ambitious goal. Meant in the way that if you were going to the gym, something smaller is your goal to get slim to fit into it. I know it was for a friend, but I have friends who purposefully buy smaller clothes to give them more motivation to get into them. Besides, you are who you are. I'm sure you're not big, but even if you are, what does it matter to the cashier?! Be happy with how you are and if you're not - change it.

That's so rude, it's okay she's bitter because she has no other goals in life

"I'm not optimistic, I just don't like reality" - Sir Charles Narwhal Esquire Phd in gynecology

Not like size 0 is attractive in the first place...

I know! My aim is a US size 4-6, anything lower is just yucky.

#102 sure, if you're into that kind if thing

squideth 18

72 + 87 yeah body shaming is so cool! Awesome! How about you guys just feel comfortable with your own bodies and don't insult other people based on theirs, hmm? Some people are naturally thin. Judging others like that is a huge indication of your insecurities.

I didn't insult anyone. I stated that I don't find size 0 women attractive. You're just being overly sensitive.

Calling someone unattractive is an insult, FYI. And insulting someone for being skinny is just as bad as insulting someone for being fat.

So, basically, I'm not allowed to find certain body types unattractive? OK

You don't hear everyone else spouting off about what they like or dislike. The fact of the matter here is that the cashier was rude as all hell and there was no need for her to say anything. She can think all she wants just as you can think about what you don't like or what you like anytime you want. But no one needs to hear that negativity. None of us care about your preferences.

I would have responded with something like "You are too, thinking you'll have a job if you keep talking to people like that."

Screw the boss, they needs to learn the real meaning of punishment. Kick some ass, OP.

Mandie56 4

I cannot BELIEVE that she said that. She was totally OUT OF LINE, DISRESPECTFUL, and WRONG. You're beautiful the way you are, and she was basically dissing and making fun of your precious body. I hope that you reported her to her manager...

Wow, you went all in with that comment, didn't you. Of course the cashier was a retard, but you kinda make it worse.