Fingers crossed

By NotASize0 - 04/04/2013 15:12 - Denmark

Today, while shopping for a birthday present for my size 0 friend, I picked out a pair of pants for her. When paying, the cashier looked me up and down and said, "Well, you're pretty optimistic aren't you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 675
You deserved it 4 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Ah, whatever happened to "I'll shut the hell up and do my job" (⌒-⌒; ) ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

kevinnicki4life 9

That sucks OP. Some people truly need a filter.

Comments

And that right there is why you don't buy people shit.

Lol, she sounds like she's pessimistic about her own size. I'd report her. I work in retail (used to be clothing retail, now in grocery retail) and believe me there are many comments that I want to make, many times a day. I don't because I want to keep my job.

149 - Yeah, people are either that way or you go out of your way to say "hi, how are you", let them know their total, accept the payment and say thank you, all without a word from them. ******* HATE that. At least have the courtesy to say hi, or even a bye. I don't need a thank you. I don't need you to look me in the eye and profess your undying love for what I just did for you. But PLEASE acknowledge I said something to you. Bunch of jerks. ...Can you tell I just finished my shift?

I would've told that bitch where to go.

That's a harsh way to put it but if it bothers you and you don't have a medical condition that won't allow you to lose a few pounds why don't you do something about it?

She's just not a size 0. That doesn't necessarily mean she needs to lose a few pounds.

That's also true. However it must have bothered her if she posted about it here, hence my comment.

She may not be fat, just not a size 0 (which is a pretty unrealistic size). I'm a healthy size 6, which is not fat, and I'd be pretty upset if a cashier spoke to me like that.

Even if you're happy with yourself, it never feels good to be insulted. You're right, if she wants to lose weight she could work on it. But then again it's really no ones business but hers.

What a stupid bitch. I wouldn't have bought them if I were you. Take your business elsewhere.

Don't belittle yourself, redlawnchair is a wonderful name. ;)

onorexveritas 23

did you proceed to slap them?

It's times like these, and attitudes like that in the retail sector, that make me wish I had enough money to "Pretty Woman" their asses.

Wow! This pisses me off! She has NO RIGHT to judge you or to be making assumptions! You are the customer, you are basically the one giving her her paycheck. I would have gone to the manager and complained about this bitch... Only a pretty pathetic, miserable human being would judge someone like that for no reason!